Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2015 E63 w212 with throttle or trans issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 E63 AMG
2015 E63 w212 with throttle or trans issues

Hello gentlemen,

Just bought a '15 E63 under CPO warranty. Issue is the vehicle spontaneously does not accelerate while driving at 5 - 10mph in a turn. No problems in a straight line. As you could imagine, this is very unsafe. I've been in intersections and experienced this with oncoming traffic. Beyond scary when you roll through at 5 -10mph with oncoming traffic and your foot is all the way in it. The car just ignores the pedal position until at WOT. Then, she up and goes as expected at WOT.

She's in the shop now. At first, tech could not reproduce the conditions. I got an explanation about comfort mode vs sport modes. Went back in today and was able to have both the tech and myself reproduce the event. He states I need new trans mounts because of a sort of banging as the trans initially loads up with copious torque during heavy throttle. He went on to explain that new mounts wouldn't likely resolve the situation. I asked if he had any ideas on what is causing this. The short answer was an unfortunate no. He is planning to inquire with other MB techs if they have any insight to the cause.

So, has anyone else expierenced a similar problem with the E63? I would be appreciative of any input. She is my DD. Stuck with a C300 for now.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,418 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Had this issue when i had about 200 miles on the odo and benz did an update and all was well... never have this issue again
The following users liked this post:
Robert Eisberg (10-26-2018)