Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

brakelight flashing and beeping while driving? Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 ml350
brakelight flashing and beeping while driving? Help!

hi all, got a tough one for you. Well a few months ago i was driving on the highway, about 60 mph..My
brake light lit up and started beeping. The little red round one on the dash. Well as i pulled over
the beeping stopped, but the red brake light was still lit up. Ok, i put the car in park, then tried
to pull out, it was like my car was "stuck", tried reverse, also car would rev but not move..Ok, i'm
assuming it went into "limp mode" or something from what i've read. I turned the car off, and then
back on and brake light was gone out and car drove normally. Ok fast forward, it was done this about 5
times since, and its very scary. The other day it happened, and i had to pull over, and it happened
again 3 times more when i was on the highway. Seems like it only happens when its raining out? And
doesnt seem to happen when driving on city streets going under 50 mph? And i DONt think it has
anything to do with the brakes because you dont "feel" like the brakes are on, and theres no
squealing. Could it be a sensor that is getting wet? speed sensor?? I'm OUT of money completely after
paying 2 grand for struts, tires, ball joints etc last few months.. So can anyone please help with
what this might be? Thank you in advance. Not sure if my info is posted, but i have a 2004 ml350