Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello from Nashville area - 2006 CLS55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55 AMG
Hello from Nashville area - 2006 CLS55 AMG

Just wanted to check in and say hi. I live about 20 minutes south of Nashville in Brentwood, TN.

Got this W219 a couple weeks ago. Sold my E92 M3 6 speed and wanted to try something different. Also something that would be more compatible for daily driving.
Found a really nice M5 that I was close to pulling the trigger on, but my common sense got the better of me...….so sad BMW boogered those cars up.....too many major issues and over engineered (oxymoron).
In any event, real happy thus far. 68,000 miles - got it off an older couple - wife drove it.....and I think she steered towards potholes whenever she had the chance. It had nice (and pricey) Vossens on it.....that were bent here and there.
I replaced them with TSW Sebrings (10.5 in rear) with Mercedes center caps. 20" wheels with Michelin Pilot 4S'.

Did a resonator delete which Im initially happy with.....but secondary cat delete is probably next. Eurocharge tune file is on the way. (sent them my stock file last night) I do get bored pretty quick with the power, so who knows whats next - probably headers, pulleys. I do need to be within Williamson County emissions compliance.

I do have some creaking noises in the front - more prominent on drivers side. And more noticeable going over bumps, low speed - i.e., speed bumps. Plan to attempt to diagnose it this weekend in my garage before I rely on an Indie shop to dig in. Front end feels fine, tight, steers great.
Will check sway bar bushings, tie rods, control arms, etc.

Also doing an oil change this weekend with the FCP Euro Liq Moly kit.

Spark plugs near future.

Using DashCommand for OBD2 scans.

Using M-Pow Bluetooth aux adapter for music streaming and very happy with this - Harmon Kardon Logic 7 system isn't as good as the 2008 BMW Individual Audio system - but not too bad.

Replaced the driver's door handle/keyless go - common issue.

Planning to paint the calipers red and apply AMG decals.

Anyhow, happy to own this torque beast - different feel from the M. Not near as balanced and quick in the twisties, but has every bit of speed and soo sooo much more usable torque!! Im usually at the Cars and Coffee in Cool Springs if Im not on my KTM.

Take care! Scott.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats & welcome aboard...
Old 03-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Nice looking CLS.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Sedan 4-Matic
Congratulations...
I do love the MB silver.
Sweet!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome nice looking ride