Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New E55 Owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA45 AMG
New E55 Owner!

Hello,

My wife and I purchased a 2016 GLA45 a little over a year ago and that car made me fall in love with the brand. My wife daily drives the GLA and ever since purchasing it I had to get an AMG for myself. Ended up deciding on the E55 because of the amount of car you can get for the money. Also that car stood out in my memory as an amazing car from back in the day.

After months of searching, and looking at cars that were in pretty rough condition I finally found the car I was searching for! I just picked up a 2004 E55 with an impressive list of options (distronic, parktronic, pano roof, solar panels, keyless go, etc.) The car was represented well and ended up exceeding my expectations. The car was not local so a PPI was done and a friend of mine in the area previewed me the car for me. He gave me the go ahead so I booked a one way ticket to Charleston, SC with the intent to road trip the car back to Philadelphia.

I met the owner at a local cars and coffee and completed the transaction as soon as the bank opened. Then ran to the local DMV to get a temp tag and finally stopped by my buddies house grab a picture of the car with his Audi wagon and say goodbye.

The trip from Charleston to Philadelphia was projected to be about 10 hours. I found the seats in the E55 to be extremely comfortable. That combined with the Distronic made this car just eat up the highway miles with ease.

Along the way I went through a torrential downpour and got stuck between Richmond and DC for over an hour while the highway was shut down due to an accident. I also encountered a couple other nice AMG cars on the long trip!

I was honestly impressed with the fuel mileage that I achieved over the trip. I was doing 70-80 MPH on average and the car managed 21.7 MPG. I expect it could have done a bit better, however that stop after Richmond was factored into that average.

Made it home and washed the road trip grime off the car the next day. This car really is in excellent shape. I will be performing a slew of maintenance items over the next few weeks.

I really fell in love with this car during the trip back. The performance of these cars is amazing for the money, they are an incredible value!

The following users liked this post:
Starshiprider (04-26-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 10:55 AM

Received 74 Likes on 69 Posts
MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
Looks like a great find and I enjoyed all the photos you shared.

Congratulations on the purchase
Old 04-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Welcome to MBworld!

Bob
Old 04-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats & welcome aboard...
Old 04-25-2019, 12:35 PM