Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello All

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 07:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
01 E55
Hello All

I have made the German jump... I have made the "down payment" on a new to me 2004 E320. It's getting new tires as a condition of purchase. I should be picking it up tomorrow or the next day.

Gold, black guts. 2 owner, has 49K miles. Clean vehicle history, and dealer maintained. I'm hoping to not have a whole lot of issues, BUT this car has spent most of the last 8 years or so sitting, and I think things may get a bit angry as it gets driven regularly again.

So! What should I look to first as part of reviving the car? Things to look for etc. I don't want it to be TOO much of a shock to the car's systems, should i only drive it a few days a week at the outset and see if it likes it and then move things up? Reset all service time to zero and get oil/trans service?

Anywho.. glad to be here. I'm interested in reading about how to keep this gem going!
Old 05-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,007 Likes on 3,149 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Please post a photo of the E when it arrives home. Become intimately familiar with the vehicle. Cleaning (detailing) it is a good way to do this. Let the engine run for some time while you clean the interior. Look under the vehicle for leaks and drips, and open the hood and look for the same. Drive it and notice any noises that need attention. Enjoy!
Old 05-07-2019, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 774 Likes on 753 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats & welcome aboard...
Old 05-07-2019, 08:30 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
01 E55
Originally Posted by chassis
Welcome! Please post a photo of the E when it arrives home. Become intimately familiar with the vehicle. Cleaning (detailing) it is a good way to do this. Let the engine run for some time while you clean the interior. Look under the vehicle for leaks and drips, and open the hood and look for the same. Drive it and notice any noises that need attention. Enjoy!
Originally Posted by MJ50
congrats & welcome aboard...

Thanks! I'll see what I can do about pics once I get the thing.

I did test drive the car, and it was very smooth running. The trans seemed to shift fine as well. I mean it was on par with the others I had tested (from 2004-2013 cars) I pulled into a parking lot away from the lot and opened the hood to have a look myself. Everything seemed in order, I walked around to the back of the car and it was near silent.. I had to walk around back tot he front to make sure it was still running! But in the last 8 years, it's only had about 9K miles put on it, so it's a matter of getting things moving again! lol
Old 05-07-2019, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 644 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome please post picture of your ride