Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello! and Looking for advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2019 | 09:05 AM

None yet, but purchasing one soon
Hello! and Looking for advice!

Hello! My hubby and I are looking to purchase our first MB. It will mostly be my car to drive. I like a sportier suspension that hugs the road and I like the feel/drive of the MB we test drove. We are having trouble deciding which car to buy. One choice is to buy a new 2019 E450 already on a lot that has almost everything we want (there is not one anywhere in the nation with everything we want!), a CPO 2018 AMG E43 that has almost everything we want or to wait for the 2020 E450 to come out and see if any of them have all the features we want (or build one). I am hoping to get some good advice from members as to what features you find useful in your driving and what you may have thought you wanted but ended up not using! Two of my big questions at the moment are do you find the drivers assistance package useful? I am not sure I would use all those features although the safety aspects of them are appealing. But would just the blind spot assist be all I would need? The AMG we are looking at does not seem to have all of the package features and does not have the 360 surround view that I think I would like to have. Do you find the 360 surround view useful? And if you have ordered a MB, do you find that dealerships will give you any discount off of the MSRP? I am sure I will have many more questions over the next few days as I try to decide what to do. Thank you for any advice/comments/suggestions you can provide!
Old 07-07-2019 | 08:35 PM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Congratulations on the vehicle search. The E-Class is one of the quintessential Mercedes-Benzes.

The AMG has a sportier suspension than the base model. Some people find it too stiff, so a test drive will help you make that decision.

In my view, all features come in handy, eventually. I use all features on my vehicle, whether I originally wanted them or not.

The 360 degree camera option is very nice when parking. I find it useful.

Keep asking questions. Others will chime in soon.
Old 07-07-2019 | 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
welcome aboard...
post questions in https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/ or https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/