Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hey everyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E-Class Coupe (C207)
Hey everyone

Hey there everyone and thanks for having me.

Just joined, although I've had my little coupe four years already.

I'm a Brit living in Düsseldorf Germany and so get to see a lot of Mercs around, couldn't really choose anything else

I'm not new to cars and mechanics, having worked on both cars and bike as a teenager, including ground up rebuilds and tuning on my first VW Beetle and later Corrado VR6, to head gasket replacements on an old Mitsubishi Delica. Happy Days lol. I also work in technology and telecoms, so I know my way around most technical systems and how they are general programmed and function. Sometimes useful in fault diagnosis.

Even though I'm pretty comfortable with most things, my merc is my shiny new baby and although underneath it's the same old stuff, the nice plastic covers and electronically controlled everythings frighten me from playing around.

I've had a few issues in the years and with all the best will in the word, I don't always feel like I'm getting the full story, so I'm at a stage where I would like a better understanding myself before I get charged a fortune for a job not getting done.

I do love the car though, best I've ever had, and hope to share some choice moments with you over the next weeks on the forums. I have a few questions I would like to ask on issues I've seen in the last four years and also would value thoughts and opinions with regards to a couple of projects I have in mind. So I look forward to seeing you in the forums and apologise in advance for any accidental mis-posts in wrong forums. Until I get to know my way around, I'll start in the E-Coupe section :-)

The day I picked her up from Mercedes :-)

On a recent road trip from Germany to Hungary

In the Hungarian back country. This was the best bit of tarmac you saw, for the most part I was wishing I had a Unimog!
The following users liked this post:
Nate GZ (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 768 Likes on 747 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome aboard...
Old 07-24-2019, 12:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,986 Likes on 3,133 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Looks great.