Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

hello all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW Mk6 Golf R
Smile hello all

Hello everyone. I'm turbo-dt aka Darryl (but that name was already selected by my other brother Darryl!). I am looking forward to getting educated about the MB brand of automobiles. I currently own a VW Mk6 Golf R. With it I find myself in a bit of a predicament. You see, my lovely wife has no interest in driving a manual,which the US-spec MK6 R only came with. The predicament comes in finding a replacement car for my R which she would be able to drive. We do some longish driving trips, but want to extend our distance options. Using her car, a Lexus ES is quite suitable for the highway system, but sometimes we're on mountain roads, and back roads. These are roads the ES is not best suited for. My R handles them just fine, but even stopping overnight does not totally alleviate driver fatigue; not like being relieved from a spell of driving can provide.Not to mention the ability to cover greater distances before making the first overnight stay. She loves her ES so trading that is a non-starter. I love my R, but for reasons stated, it's a non-starter as well. What to do? Well, I've been looking at a host of possible replacement vehicles, and the AMG-spec'd MB has grabbed my attention.

I must admit I like the idea of the 2020 CLA AMG 45 (S?). It's about the right size and best of all it comes with an automatic. Well.. that's not the "best of all" about it, as I'm sure you know. I'm hoping it's longer wheelbase, and MB adaptive suspension will add a bit of comfort my R cannot quite provide. Also, the M-139 engine seems an interesting engine in and of itself. So a sports sedan/Coupe is what I'm interested in. I'd cross-shop the 3-series, and the new G-70 (which is said to have a higher content bang-for-the-buck ratio), but the CLA 45 has it's appeal.

So there it is. That's my story. I hope my final decision makes me a long-term contributing member here.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (09-01-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,003 Likes on 3,145 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Pleas post a photo of the MB when it follows you home.

Also have a look at the GLA, GLC and C-Class. Automatic transmissions, 4MATIC and AMG versions are available.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW Mk6 Golf R
thanks for the suggestion, chassis. I'll give them a look.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 770 Likes on 749 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome aboard...
Old 09-02-2019, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 644 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome if you do get a MB please post a picture of it.