Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New member, new to Mercedes Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 10:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 GL 350 Bluetec and a few BMW's
New member, new to Mercedes Benz

Greetings! My name is Fred. I live on the west coast, splitting my time between Healdsburg CA and Reno NV. Confession is I am a total BMW fan boy after having owned 14 or 15 of them along with some MINI's in the last 25 or so years - don't hate. My partner and I currently have five BMWs and a MINI on two continents and the two aforementioned US states. I regularly do basic maintenance and some repairs on my cars; I like the former, the latter not so much. I am fairly active on Bimmerfest as a result of fanboy, plus seven cars only one of which is under warranty, plus the fact I get satisfaction out of playing with cars.

I just joined MB World after picking a high mileage 2011 GL 350 Bluetec. By high mileage I mean 175k miles. By picking up I mean it was given to me by a friend. Reason is she got a $12k list of repair work from the dealer after owning it since new and spending $39,451 at their service department in the nine plus years she owned it. The cherry on the cake is she was told they would not even take it on trade as she placed an order for a 2021 GLS. She went across the street and wrote a check for a 2021 Range Rover instead and I now have her discarded GL.

I'll do a car intro post on the proper platform forum, but if I hang on to this car I think my post count will be going up fairly quickly.

Looking forward to finding out about my GL, learning from seasoned members, and hopefully contributing as I get my sea legs with this car.

Cheers!
The following 2 users liked this post by FredoinSF:
chassis (11-15-2020), MBpippo (11-16-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 11:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by FredoinSF
Greetings! My name is Fred. I live on the west coast, splitting my time between Healdsburg CA and Reno NV. Confession is I am a total BMW fan boy after having owned 14 or 15 of them along with some MINI's in the last 25 or so years - don't hate. My partner and I currently have five BMWs and a MINI on two continents and the two aforementioned US states. I regularly do basic maintenance and some repairs on my cars; I like the former, the latter not so much. I am fairly active on Bimmerfest as a result of fanboy, plus seven cars only one of which is under warranty, plus the fact I get satisfaction out of playing with cars.

I just joined MB World after picking a high mileage 2011 GL 350 Bluetec. By high mileage I mean 175k miles. By picking up I mean it was given to me by a friend. Reason is she got a $12k list of repair work from the dealer after owning it since new and spending $39,451 at their service department in the nine plus years she owned it. The cherry on the cake is she was told they would not even take it on trade as she placed an order for a 2021 GLS. She went across the street and wrote a check for a 2021 Range Rover instead and I now have her discarded GL.

I'll do a car intro post on the proper platform forum, but if I hang on to this car I think my post count will be going up fairly quickly.

Looking forward to finding out about my GL, learning from seasoned members, and hopefully contributing as I get my sea legs with this car.

Cheers!
Welcome! Please post a photo of the GL.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by chassis
Welcome! Please post a photo of the GL.
Here you go

The following users liked this post:
MBpippo (11-16-2020)
Old 11-16-2020, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 708 Likes on 680 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi Fred and welcome to MBWorld. Thanks for the great intro and pics of your ML. Hope it doesn’t cause too many dramas. All the best with it 😀
The following users liked this post:
FredoinSF (11-16-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 10:26 PM

Delete.