Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Own a 17 supercharged Range Rover Sport; buy a 15 G63 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
range rover sport super charged
Own a 17 supercharged Range Rover Sport; buy a 15 G63 AMG?

New to the mb world an have never owned a Benz but have always have a had a fond love for the G63s an have an opportunity to get a two owner 2015 AMG g63 that’s been very meticulously taken care of w 53k miles on it. Here’s the vin an there is still some pics from when he bought it from the ga dealer. My question is not having driven one I’m probably making a mistake by trying to compare it to the range I have now correct? It sounds like a big difference comfort wise but is it really worth all the hype?? I feel it may be just reading through some of these threads but I’ve never gone backwards in a vehicle year wise so just struggling a bit with that an the convenience features my rover has. Let me know all your thoughts please. Am I crazy for wanting to pull the trigger? The vehicle looks gorgeous an I can get into it I believe for around $75k. Thanks again for any tips on things I should be looking for or if I’m bat **** crazy on the whole idea. More I watch videos the more I wanna experience what everyone is all pumped up about.

Old 12-21-2020, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Do not buy one without driving one first. I love them, but it's a different type of vehicle than a Range Rover for sure and it's not the right fit for everyone. I would buy a G if I could afford one as an extra vehicle, but if I had to commute in it daily I'd probably not enjoy it as much as I would like. They are just such a fun truck and always a conversation starter.
The following users liked this post:
Jeremy Wilhelm (12-22-2020)
Old 12-25-2020, 01:04 PM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 AMG E63S Sedan, Past-16 MB's and AMG's since 1980👍
You'll MISS the ride and overall comfort of the Range Rover...just two VERY DIFFERENT animals.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,453 Likes on 959 Posts
No more MB:(
You really need to drive it to decide, especially on highways. It pulls one way and leans another, always wrestling with the wheel on highway drives. No where near the RR in comfort or every day use. However there is nothing like a G, it is an emotional experience that you will not have from any other vehicle, period. Probably the most impractical vehicle on the market, expensive, temperamental, rough, heavy, and THIRSTY, but soooo fun to drive. Keep us posted and good luck!
Jeremy Wilhelm (12-26-2020)
Old 12-26-2020, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,453 Likes on 959 Posts
No more MB:(
Might want to move this to the 463 forum.
Jeremy Wilhelm (12-26-2020)