Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

A7 Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 CLA 250 Sport
A7 Service

I have a 2015 CLA 250 with 28,000 miles on it. I am receiving the A7 notice, but I had this car serviced approximately 8,000 miles ago. Do I really need this service, or is it just basing it on the fact that the car is over 5 years old? Thanks for any advice. Sharon R.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Now that my ride is out of warranty and has very few miles. I do not go by anything that is recommended. When I feel it needs to be serviced I service it. Gets oil change once a year if it needs it or not. This past year I have only put about 400 miles on the car but I will change the oil. But that is about it for service. It really depends on what you want to do. MB recommends the brake fluid to be changed every other year. Until I owned a MB I never changed the brake fluid. Nothing ever went bad on any of the cars not having the brake fluid changed. I would say it is up to you and weather you want to spend the money and time.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Please post a photo of the CLA.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 361 Likes on 298 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by dbldpr
Now that my ride is out of warranty and has very few miles. I do not go by anything that is recommended. When I feel it needs to be serviced I service it. Gets oil change once a year if it needs it or not. This past year I have only put about 400 miles on the car but I will change the oil. But that is about it for service. It really depends on what you want to do. MB recommends the brake fluid to be changed every other year. Until I owned a MB I never changed the brake fluid. Nothing ever went bad on any of the cars not having the brake fluid changed. I would say it is up to you and weather you want to spend the money and time.
Having been raised by an engineer who was a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, I must strongly disagree with the portion of this post that says not to change your brake fluid. That's a recipe for disaster. You must always keep up with the maintenance of your car. It's more important than ever with the newer and much more complex vehicles of today. I would suggest that the OP contact their MB dealer and ask about the service notice they're receiving. It's likely that the oil and filter will need to be changed in the next couple of thousand miles at least. I was raised that good preventive maintenance is cheap life insurance. The OP might also post their question in the section of this forum that's reserved for the owners of the same MB the OP owns to see what their experience is on this question. That section of the forum can be found by scrolling down the main forum page to find the appropriate forum section.