Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Newbie, will soon enjoy driving a GLK 250 Bluetec!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2021 | 06:38 PM

4Runner
Newbie, will soon enjoy driving a GLK 250 Bluetec!

Hello everyone, for years I knew that when my 2003 Volvo V70 goes to car heaven, I want the 250 GLK Bluetec. I tend to keep my cars forever, until my mechanic refuses to work on them. My other vehicle is a 4runner, which is the most dependable and capable truck out there, which is why I bought it. The GLK is my first endeavour into what can be considered, refined. I want Diesel, which is not entirely rational. I want Diesel mostly for range. It is important to me to be able to drive 1000 km on what’s in the tank, and a fuel can or two extra on a hitch basket. The GLK can do this. Diesel also safely stores much better and is just all round a safer fuel. I also tow utility trailers. I also own an old 40 year old Kubota tractor on a simple 3 cylinder Diesel engine that has been the most dependable thing in my world. Before I bought the 4runner, I looked seriously into Diesel alternatives, such as the Touareg TDI and the Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel and also the Chevy Colorado Diesel. I shied away from each after discovering horror stories about dependability on each. I also remember reading unfavourable dependability reports on the GLK 350, but somehow, the GLK 250 came away as the most dependable of the modern Diesels. I hope my research was true! As a general rule, I go to the truedelta site for dependability ratings.

Still, overall I know up front I don’t expect the same dependability of the GLK 250 as I do on my 4runner.
I am in the market for a 2015 model with under 100,000 km. In a relaxed way, my Volvo has been declared unworthy of any repairs, but it still drives.

That’s all and joining the forum is a good incentive to think about choices and make smart ones.
Old 11-19-2021 | 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
MBWorld Ambassador

2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi @Autostrada and welcome to MBWorld. Thanks for the intro. Please post a photo of your GLK when it arrives
Old 11-22-2021 | 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
welcome aboard...
Old 11-24-2021 | 05:07 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Mercedes E55 AMG E211
Hi and welcome to the community! Nice to have you join us. Hope you like it here. Most topics have been discussed and *****ed about at length. The search function is your friend.