Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2022 | 09:00 AM

2020 GLE 450 4Matic
Need help!

Was in a pretty bad accident yesterday- my 2020 GLE 450 was rear ended on the freeway. It’s really upsetting since I know my MB will never be the same again.

After I was hit I discovered the MB feature that disconnects your ability to restart the car after the accident. DPS hooked up a line to my car to try and pull it out of the freeway but the other car was stuck to mine. They managed to get them free and we tried pulling it again but the rear wheels were completely locked and wouldn’t roll despite the car being in neutral. Does anyone know what this would mean? Frame, drive train, rear transmission damage?

Trying to prepare myself for what I know if going to be a long process repairing a luxury car or the nightmare process of shopping for a new one in 2022 with very limited inventory. I’ve also never been in an accident with one of my luxury cars and don’t even know where to start making sure it’s evaluated and repaired properly- will insurance pay for it to be taken to Mercedes’ collision?

Luckily my trusty beauty did exactly what she was supposed to do- kept me super safe inside and took the hit like a total champ. She destroyed the other car but grateful everyone walked away without serious injuries.

Old 03-11-2022 | 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: NavyMBWorld Ambassador

2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome sorry to hear what happened. sorry but ,You are right the car will never be the same. I would start looking a new car.