Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello to all, my first MB!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 03:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55 AMG
Hello to all, my first MB!

Had this for 1 1/2 years now and spent the last week doing alot of replacements because of a leaking radiator and I don't like doing stuff twice + I've been working on cars since I was a kid in 86'. Figured I would do everything that had coolant so also did auxiliary coolant pump, recirculation tank/cap, all hoses ( I do mean all as I didn't know then but I do now!) of course new clips and radiator supports, support locks, the stupid plastic holder for the upper hose, lol, new oil cooler and filter housing, needed high pressure pwr steering line so did the pump and resevoir at same time. Was going to replace all the front control arm bushings but these thrust arms had some sweet monoball replacements by Syncro Design Works and they were definitely worth the money! Smelled some fuel one time when I filled up so did the fuel and transfer pump with new seals and it was time for a tune up so did new wires and plugs except I went with the new HX style for better burn as the electrode isn't covering the tip. I like very much! I had already put a 2 stage chip in it so I went for new coil pacs which caused me to have to rewire in new connectors cuz if they weren't broken already I finished em' off no matter how careful I was. No worry now though! Continental extreme contact sport + but the wheels (RF) were already on it when I bought it. New rotors and pads but I don't need them yet so I'll wait until I get some bigger calipers from another MB my friend was saying something about just swapping over. I like that. Will do some work on the rear end later I imagine so for now that's my ride. Still trying to get it to corner as well as my Subaru Impreza but it's so much faster and without coil overs not sure about that. Have taken traction control off once but I'll wait until I get some more work done before I do that again!!! Felt like a drift king for a second before I reached over and turned it back on! I love this car as I'm sure you do yours, I see why. L.R. SuperMcluvin70
The following 2 users liked this post by SuperMcluvin70:
AR_motorwerkz (07-22-2022), MBpippo (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 716 Likes on 688 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi @SuperMcluvin70 and welcome to MBWorld. Thanks for the intro and sharing all the pics with us. Your C55 looks awesome and in great condition. All the best with it
Old 07-21-2022, 07:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,955 Likes on 3,110 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by SuperMcluvin70

Had this for 1 1/2 years now and spent the last week doing alot of replacements because of a leaking radiator and I don't like doing stuff twice + I've been working on cars since I was a kid in 86'. Figured I would do everything that had coolant so also did auxiliary coolant pump, recirculation tank/cap, all hoses ( I do mean all as I didn't know then but I do now!) of course new clips and radiator supports, support locks, the stupid plastic holder for the upper hose, lol, new oil cooler and filter housing, needed high pressure pwr steering line so did the pump and resevoir at same time. Was going to replace all the front control arm bushings but these thrust arms had some sweet monoball replacements by Syncro Design Works and they were definitely worth the money! Smelled some fuel one time when I filled up so did the fuel and transfer pump with new seals and it was time for a tune up so did new wires and plugs except I went with the new HX style for better burn as the electrode isn't covering the tip. I like very much! I had already put a 2 stage chip in it so I went for new coil pacs which caused me to have to rewire in new connectors cuz if they weren't broken already I finished em' off no matter how careful I was. No worry now though! Continental extreme contact sport + but the wheels (RF) were already on it when I bought it. New rotors and pads but I don't need them yet so I'll wait until I get some bigger calipers from another MB my friend was saying something about just swapping over. I like that. Will do some work on the rear end later I imagine so for now that's my ride. Still trying to get it to corner as well as my Subaru Impreza but it's so much faster and without coil overs not sure about that. Have taken traction control off once but I'll wait until I get some more work done before I do that again!!! Felt like a drift king for a second before I reached over and turned it back on! I love this car as I'm sure you do yours, I see why. L.R. SuperMcluvin70
Welcome! Looks great.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 754 Likes on 735 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...
Old 07-22-2022, 06:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 187 Likes on 168 Posts
MERCEDES AMG GT, MERCEDES CLS63 AMG, MERCEDES G63 AMG, MERCEDES CL63 AMG
Originally Posted by SuperMcluvin70

Hey Welcome! Nice Benz! If you need mods we’re here to help!