Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Newbie Merc Owner - ‘99 E430 (97k miles)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 E430
Newbie Merc Owner - ‘99 E430 (97k miles)

I’ve just purchased my first Mercedes ever!! I’m a 23 year old from Atlanta, GA and I have dreamed of owning one of these handsome cars for years.

Currently the car is in good shape. I purchased this thing for only 3 grand because the gentleman simply was done with it. It’s been well drove and served a family well. A few blips and bumps but nothing major that deteriorates the cars timeless design and appeal.

I wanted to introduce this fine car and say hello to all fellow W210 owners.

If you have any suggestions on mods, I’d love to hear them. I want to clean this thing up and really treat it well. With only 97k miles it has so much life in it and it will be my daily driver for a long time — so I believe riding in total style is key.

My current goal is to obtain new rims (monoblocks?) and a spoiler. I love the look those Lorinser heckspoilers give to the W210. If you have any lines on either of these mods so far I’d appreciate a point in the right direction or an offer. Mostly though: I am open to suggestion and would love to be enlightened to some proper mods.

Here’s some photos below:

After a storm and wash. Needs a good buff and wax. Besides a few little knocks in the paint it looks good. Biggest issue is a finger sized crack in the front bumper, which is covered by well placed black tape. Will get a whole new bumper but for now it’s not very noticeable.

A rather clean interior. Just needs some carpet and leather cleaning / dye work (small, green patches from wear or a spill. No bigger than a doughnut). An obligatory coffee stain under the seat. No issue to clean. Headliner on the sunroof was a bit roughed up because the previous owner let it dangle for too long, unclipped or pinned as it should be. Aside from 2 little dark spots, looks brand new after a quick monkey glue fix. Seats are a bit worn but comfy and good looking. All electronics work. A pretty nice, little pilots cabin.

A black wrap was placed on the grill before I purchased it. Today, while cleaning, it peeled off and I removed the wrap. As I did, I stopped and wondered if it was pretty as is to have the chrome outside but black inside of the grill. Nonetheless it’s unique as it is and I will most likely purchase a nice little hood star and take off the rest of the wrap. I’m too much of a sucker for chrome. The exterior is still nice and I think minimal touching ups will restore it to an almost new look.

Thanks a ton everyone. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by TheExecutive; 06-26-2023 at 12:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MBpippo (06-26-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 09:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,418 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Gorgeous ride ... I had a 99 e320 bought new in 98... 4 matic came back that there and we loved it for 170,000 miles and was still going strong. Wish we kept it.

keep your w210 as stock as possible it's gorgeous
TheExecutive (06-26-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...
TheExecutive (06-26-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 708 Likes on 680 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi and welcome to the club. Thanks for the intro and sharing the pics. Your E looks in great condition for its age. Congratulations
Old 06-26-2023, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 E430
I am looking to keep it as stock as possible with only minor "OEM +" modifcations. I appreciate that people, like yourself, prefer the sleek and stock look of these cars. They're quite... perfect?