Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 03:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300W AMG, Pinnacle, white
New Member Intro

This is my first Mercedes, a 2023 GLC300W loaded with all the bells and whistles- Metallic paint, 20” wheels, Driver Assist, AMG, Pinnacle.

For the past 32 years I have been driving V-8 Infiniti sedans. I owned and enjoyed two Q45’s and an M56, keeping each one over 100K miles.

When I needed to get a new car, I had in mind another V-8 luxury sedan. I tried Audi, BMW, Genesis, Cadillac, since Infiniti no longer makes large sedans. The cars I test drove either were out of my range, did not feel right or did not have the technology I wanted. And I was dead set against a 4-cylinder mid-sized SUV. Who knew?

I could not buy a car I did not love to drive. So I went to the local MB dealer expecting to pay a whole lot for what I thought I wanted. The salesman showed me the GLC and for the first time in days when my wife asked me what I thought after the test drive, I replied, “I like it.”

It was a no-brainer. This was the car for me. And in the 1800 miles I have driven it, it has captured my enthusiasm. It is comfortable, quiet, safe and rides very well. The technology is nothing like Japanese. I feel like I traded my high school diploma for a university degree. It does things I never thought a car could do, and it does it with finesse.

Someone on Youtube said, comparing a BMW to the GLC, "you drive the BMW, the GLC drives you. It all depends on what you want." Now in my retirement, I want the latter- to be driven by this amazing computer on wheels.

Last edited by mhmyers55; 08-28-2023 at 03:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by mhmyers55:
chassis (08-28-2023), MBpippo (08-28-2023), MJ50 (09-16-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 04:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,955 Likes on 3,110 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mhmyers55
This is my first Mercedes, a 2023 GLC300W loaded with all the bells and whistles- Metallic paint, 20” wheels, Driver Assist, AMG, Pinnacle.

For the past 32 years I have been driving V-8 Infiniti sedans. I owned and enjoyed two Q45’s and an M56, keeping each one over 100K miles.

When I needed to get a new car, I had in mind another V-8 luxury sedan. I tried Audi, BMW, Genesis, Cadillac, since Infiniti no longer makes large sedans. The cars I test drove either were out of my range, did not feel right or did not have the technology I wanted. And I was dead set against a 4-cylinder mid-sized SUV. Who knew?

I could not buy a car I did not love to drive. So I went to the local MB dealer expecting to pay a whole lot for what I thought I wanted. The salesman showed me the GLC and for the first time in days when my wife asked me what I thought after the test drive, I replied, “I like it.”

It was a no-brainer. This was the car for me. And in the 1800 miles I have driven it, it has captured my enthusiasm. It is comfortable, quiet, safe and rides very well. The technology is nothing like Japanese. I feel like I traded my high school diploma for a university degree. It does things I never thought a car could do, and it does it with finesse.

Someone on Youtube said, comparing a BMW to the GLC, "you drive the BMW, the GLC drives you. It all depends on what you want." Now in my retirement, I want the latter- to be driven by this amazing computer on wheels.

Welcome! Looks great.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Glad to hear you've been enjoying it! Welcome!
Old 08-28-2023, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 716 Likes on 688 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi @mhmyers and welcome to the club! Thanks for the intro and sharing the photos. Your GLC looks great 👍
Old 08-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 754 Likes on 735 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...
Old 09-02-2023, 06:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,602 Likes on 2,212 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by mhmyers55

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8d8acedbe.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...85f8d8012.jpeg
Congrats, that is a nice spec combo.
Old 09-16-2023, 10:46 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300W AMG, Pinnacle, white
Another pic in the hangar:
The following 2 users liked this post by mhmyers55:
MBpippo (09-16-2023), MJ50 (09-16-2023)