Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Checking In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2024, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checking In

New to this site and the Mercedes world. I'm a long time Aircraft Mechanic and work at Boeing in Everett, WA. I work on the flight line on the 767 Air Force Refueling Tanker program in Pre-Flight and Delivery. Was retired, hanging out on the Colorado Ricer in SoCal and got offered "A Bunch of money" to come back. So, we showed up in a 40" MH w/Geo Tracker in tow, a year ago. Wife had a problem knee, courtesy of a Hot Rod Triumph Chopper Motorcycle I built for her and was having knee replacement surgery last week and I was on my way back to the hospital to see her after she came out of surgery in a Mazda5 hatch back, we bought as the stick shift Geo was just too much for her knee. I was bringing her a burger and fries, stopped at a red light, about to steel a fry out of the bag, when a senior citizen, diagonal parked, in a big Ford expedition, stomped the gas instead of the brake. i had my hand in the fry bag, heard burning rubber, looked to my right just in time to see this grey blob hit at the right front fender and smash the car all the way to the rear door, knocking the car 2' sideways and int the opposing lane. Luckly I was at a red light, so there was no opposing traffic. We needed another car, and a bigger one. So, we got a 2008 MB e-305 4matic wagon. Not really new to German Technology as we've had several BMW Motorcycles, but new to M-B technology. Will be asking a lot of questions most likely.
Old 09-11-2024, 04:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 248 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
First, and foremost welcome to the club. I hope you and the wife are doing ok! Wow! The MB wagon will ease your mind, because it built like the german panzer tank from the 30s of WWII. Lots of great info on preface w211 E350. When you get a chance pls post a few pics of your new car for the member to view. Again, welcome and congrats.
R,
2Merks
Old 09-11-2024, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
checking in

Originally Posted by Jpony56HD
New to this site and the Mercedes world. I'm a long time Aircraft Mechanic and work at Boeing in Everett, WA. I work on the flight line on the 767 Air Force Refueling Tanker program in Pre-Flight and Delivery. Was retired, hanging out on the Colorado Ricer in SoCal and got offered "A Bunch of money" to come back. So, we showed up in a 40" MH w/Geo Tracker in tow, a year ago. Wife had a problem knee, courtesy of a Hot Rod Triumph Chopper Motorcycle I built for her and was having knee replacement surgery last week and I was on my way back to the hospital to see her after she came out of surgery in a Mazda5 hatch back, we bought as the stick shift Geo was just too much for her knee. I was bringing her a burger and fries, stopped at a red light, about to steel a fry out of the bag, when a senior citizen, diagonal parked, in a big Ford expedition, stomped the gas instead of the brake. i had my hand in the fry bag, heard burning rubber, looked to my right just in time to see this grey blob hit at the right front fender and smash the car all the way to the rear door, knocking the car 2' sideways and int the opposing lane. Luckly I was at a red light, so there was no opposing traffic. We needed another car, and a bigger one. So, we got a 2008 ML-305 4matic wagon. Not really new to German Technology as we've had several BMW Motorcycles, but new to M-B technology. Will be asking a lot of questions most likely.
Opps. should be 2008 ML-350 4matic.

Old 09-11-2024, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 248 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
]First, and foremost welcome to the club. I hope you and the wife are doing ok! Wow!
Old 09-11-2024, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 739 Likes on 709 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi and welcome to MBWorld. All the best to you and your wife. Please share a photo of your ML when you get a chance
Old 09-11-2024, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 777 Likes on 756 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...