S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

whats happened?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scared of being stalked
whats happened?

to all of my fellow posters; Mercedes Benz advocates,

I've been on this board for quite some time, and this is one of my favorite places on the internet, not only because its a place to talk about a great set of vehicles, but its filled with people whom can relate with one another.

Though lately, i must say, this board has turned into a cat fight between a bunch of women whom all want to have the best hand bag, in their afternoon tea parties. I dont know about the consensus of the rest of my fellow posters, but i dont care whether or not one has a certain car or if one has a certain income, as long as he or she is talking and making informative posts about the vehicles we all love, and enjoy to talk about.

To the threads calling out other members, to the senseless name calling, and the putting down of others, i think its really getting to a point, where the level on enjoyability, is on a decline. Our board is not full of information as it used to be, although it (info) is scattered between childish posts. Who cares about what one has, or what one drives? Lets talk about Mercedes Benz. Who cares about what another person on a forum thinks of one? Who posts on a forum for the politics? Leave the politics to the gentlemen and ladies on Capitol Hill.

Heres to Mbworld.org
Old 10-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Banned

S550
You are 100% right.

I just want to apologize to MBWorld for what I started, and specifically to WSH for calling him out.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:00 AM

scared of being stalked
guppy,

don't think this post was intended for you, my friend. It was just a general statement.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mrkhan347
guppy,

don't think this post was intended for you, my friend. It was just a general statement.
Are you sure?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Banned

S550
guppy,

Either way, I think I needed to make an apology.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 AM

scared of being stalked
austinguy,

quite positive. would you like to finance a lie detector test? im more than open to it. And if you could, when you have the chance, could you pretty please with a cherry on top, do a video of acceleration in your 63? i would love you
Old 10-23-2008, 01:05 AM

'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by Guppy
You are 100% right.

I just want to apologize to MBWorld for what I started, and specifically to WSH for calling him out.
So guppster, why don't you tell us who you really are?

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are an old timer who got tired of WSH then decided to register under a different screen name and call him out......... It just doesn't add up that a newbie would know/care so much about someone (WSH) on a board that they are new to.....
Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Banned

S550
Originally Posted by AustinGuy
So guppster, why don't you tell us who you really are?

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are an old timer who got tired of WSH then decided to register under a different screen name and call him out......... It just doesn't add up that a newbie would know/care so much about someone (WSH) on a board that they new to.....
I've just been browsing the forums for a long time..maybe since 2004 or 2005 and just finally decided to register.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 AM

'09 S63 AMG
austinguy,

quite positive. would you like to finance a lie detector test? im more than open to it. And if you could, when you have the chance, could you pretty please with a cherry on top, do a video of acceleration in your 63? i would love you
Hhmmm..... not really into that. Sorry

For what it's worth (and if you end up "loving me" for it) I burned some rubber the other day while at a stop light - 2 dudes in a cheesy Mustang were trying to drag race... and I was getting tired of it. So at the next stop light I shifted into "manual mode", stepped on the gas and was gone like a bullet! 5 mins later, at the next stop light the 2 guys pull up beside me smiling away..... not sure why - I guess they got a kick out of some seemingly stuck up affluent looking dude in an S63 acting like a Mustang-loving drag racer the way I did.

Last edited by AustinGuy; 10-23-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 AM

'09 S63 AMG
I've just been browsing the forums for a long time..maybe since 2004 or 2005 and just finally decided to register.
Fair enough
Old 10-23-2008, 01:25 AM

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 SL 550 (Previously 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo-S, 2015 Tesla P85D, 2007 S600, 2005 E55 AMG)
You are 100% right.

Thanks for saying this Guppy... your words do you great credit... welcome to our community...

....and Mrkhan347 is quite right... lets get back to talking about why we are here in the first place - a passion for Mercs!

Chris
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Banned

S550
Originally Posted by cjf_moraga
Thanks for saying this Guppy... your words do you great credit... welcome to our community...

....and Mrkhan347 is quite right... lets get back to talking about why we are here in the first place - a passion for Mercs!

Chris
Good idea.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've been on this board for quite some time, and this is one of my favorite places on the internet, not only because its a place to talk about a great set of vehicles, but its filled with people whom can relate with one another.

Though lately, i must say, this board has turned into a cat fight between a bunch of women whom all want to have the best hand bag, in their afternoon tea parties. I dont know about the consensus of the rest of my fellow posters, but i dont care whether or not one has a certain car or if one has a certain income, as long as he or she is talking and making informative posts about the vehicles we all love, and enjoy to talk about.

To the threads calling out other members, to the senseless name calling, and the putting down of others, i think its really getting to a point, where the level on enjoyability, is on a decline. Our board is not full of information as it used to be, although it (info) is scattered between childish posts. Who cares about what one has, or what one drives? Lets talk about Mercedes Benz. Who cares about what another person on a forum thinks of one? Who posts on a forum for the politics? Leave the politics to the gentlemen and ladies on Capitol Hill.

Heres to Mbworld.org
Thank you, 100% in agreement.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600

Heres to Mbworld.org

I agree. This is my home away from the hustle/bustle of life. I have to deal with confrontation at work, I sure as heck don't need it while visiting my friends here on the forum.
I guess some of this is due to the fact that we have such a trouble free car that our idle minds have come up with off topic topics

When I owned a VW Phaeton, there were so many quirky problems with that car that 10 new threads started each day. I loved my Phaeton too but at least we don't have that problem.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 AM

2008 Mazda Tribute , 2007 S550.

Heres to Mbworld.org
100% agreement! Well said, well defined.
Thanks Mrkhan347.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:04 AM

scared of being stalked
Hhmmm..... not really into that. Sorry

For what it's worth (and if you end up "loving me" for it) I burned some rubber the other day while at a stop light - 2 dudes in a cheesy Mustang were trying to drag race... and I was getting tired of it. So at the next stop light I shifted into "manual mode", stepped on the gas and was gone like a bullet! 5 mins later, at the next stop light the 2 guys pull up beside me smiling away..... not sure why - I guess they got a kick out of some seemingly stuck up affluent looking dude in an S63 acting they way I did.
im glad you did what you did. Those mustang guys are really over their heads sometimes. Someone had to put them into their place!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
MrKhan, you should be one to talk. You were the one who came on here when you first joined talking how you made like $60k/month from owning a gas station.

Everyone is in a pissing contest on this board lately because they are feeling threatened the credit market is crashing and they might be broke or not able to live outside their means for very much longer. That's what is happening.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by mjr24
MrKhan, you should be one to talk. You were the one who came on here when you first joined talking how you made like $60k/month from owning a gas station.

Everyone is in a pissing contest on this board lately because they are feeling threatened the credit market is crashing and they might be broke or not able to live outside their means for very much longer. That's what is happening.
I'm still waiting to see his S600.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:03 AM

scared of being stalked

mjr24,

that was quite some time ago. 60k a month would be quite low now.

As for AsianML,

Did i say i was definitley going to get a s600? Or did i say id like to have one? Whichever car i decide to get, i will most definitely post pictures of it once i talk about it.

Thanks guys
Old 10-24-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 E450 4Matic
I burned some rubber the other day while at a stop light ...X
A wise old man once told me, "It's not how fast you go. It's how you go fast"

Forget the mustangs.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Asian....no....it was a S550. He said he was getting it 3 years ago and even though he is now making MORE than $60k/month (translation: $9/hr working the night shift for my father's gas station who has to rely on selling soda and snacks to make profit), he still doesn't have one. I believe he said he had a superchanged Range and a Navigator (yeah...I know alot of people who go out and buy TWO SUV's).
Old 10-25-2008, 03:23 PM

scared of being stalked
Asian....no....it was a S550. He said he was getting it 3 years ago and even though he is now making MORE than $60k/month (translation: $9/hr working the night shift for my father's gas station who has to rely on selling soda and snacks to make profit), he still doesn't have one. I believe he said he had a superchanged Range and a Navigator (yeah...I know alot of people who go out and buy TWO SUV's).

x x

Last edited by Mrkhan347; 10-25-2008 at 03:33 PM.