Pacific NorthWest OR, WA

Terrible Experience with Dealership - Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
Thumbs down Terrible Experience with Dealership - Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood

Dear friends, colleagues, loyal MB customers, and people who care!

We have been victims of sophisticated discrimination by one of the local Mercedes-Benz dealerships here in Seattle area. Our experience has been documented below. I can confirm all the provided information is true and correct. I wanted to warn other people about this dealership and their disgusting business practices. Thank you for your time!

----------------------------------------------
The following reflects our family’s firsthand consumer experience with Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood. This review is exclusively and directly related to how Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood operates, and I urge everyone to consider the information stated herewith very seriously.

Over the past 3 years, we have been trying to raise consumer awareness about discriminatory behavior exhibited by management of Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood. The truth behind this story is extremely inconvenient for the dealership and they actively attempt to hide it. It is likely that the dealership will make whatever attempts they legally can to remove this review as happened multiple times to date. It has been a devastating experience, however we are not going to stop telling our story to everyone.

In December 2013, we purchased our first car from MB Lynnwood. It was a very expensive car. The delivery process was OK, nothing to highlight about it. After the delivery, we have started noticing several hidden issues with the car, and MB Lynnwood management worked with us to address them. Once the last issue was addressed in February-March 2014, we have not been in communications with the dealership since then, either in-person or electronic (e.g. emails). Since all issues have been resolved, we felt satisfied and have been very grateful to the dealership for taking care of everything.

Almost 1 year later, in February 2015, we booked our first service appointment to have our car serviced as per factory recommendations and other warranty issues to be taken care of. This appointment was booked online clearly stating the request to perform a service.

A day prior to our service appointment, we received a phone call from somebody at MB Lynnwood advising us that the dealership’s management left a note in our service records stating that we must be denied getting any work done by the dealership. The employee hesitated to provide any explanations. We have not been interacting with them for almost one full year, and this phone call has been a major shock and stress to us.

In subsequent indirect interactions with MB Lynnwood via channels available to us as consumers, the business was found to have acted dishonestly with intent to deceive and mislead the authorities whom we enquired to for assistance. Specifically, in their response to Attorney’s General Office with regard to our complaint about unfair service refusal, MB Lynnwood’s General Manager intentionally and falsely stated that we booked a "checking wheels" appointment and that the dealership does not provide this service.

The other part in GM’s nonsense response has been even more damaging. In essence, the General Manager has made false and libelous statements about our allegedly aggressive behavior. To re-iterate, we haven’t had any interactions (either written or verbal) with the dealership for almost a year after they addressed all issues with our car and we left in good relationships. There was not a single instance of aggressive behavior from us, or an opportunity to even remotely demonstrate such a behavior. Basically, we have been slandered by the dealership for something we have not done and never said.

We have not had to experience such lies and defamation in our life to date. We are still unsure as to what prompted them to leave a refusal note in their records and stop treating us fairly. We are however not surprised now. Seeing how easy they can speak falsely, utter untruth knowingly, with intent to deceive, we are looking forward to new nonsense that they are preparing in response to our ongoing legal proceedings.

As Mercedes-Benz customers, we expect to feel safe and secure when purchasing Mercedes-Benz products, knowing that we will have support from the world-trusted brand and their network of authorized and certified dealers to service our investments. In the reality, we faced with a manifestation of very extreme defamation and slander coming from people who are in the customer service business.

There are more review on Yelp that highlights a very similar experience, namely a denial to service a vehicle after sale. This indicates a highly unethical pattern in which MB Lynnwood operates, whereby they refuse servicing customers after selling them vehicles, and they do it in a very capricious form. Instead of solving a problem, they simply ask the customer not to come again.

In summary, our first-hand experience with Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood was similar to dealing with an immature and absurd group of people who do whatever they can to leave a long-lasting bad taste in the Mercedes-Benz customer experience. We urge all potential customers to be ready to face with the ugly attitude and disgraceful behavior that Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood may exhibit with the others.

#mblynnwood #disgrace

Last edited by Terminator2029; 01-26-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I would suggest that your "Blab" be sent to MBUSA,but don't ask them to login
Old 01-08-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
Originally Posted by Plutoe
I would suggest that your "Blab" be sent to MBUSA,but don't ask them to login
Thanks for the advice. Already approached MBUSA. They were not of any help. If they were able to address this, I wouldn’t be continuing to invest my time into this unpleasant topic.

Please rest assured that I have many better things to do with my life and time than to sit around and make accusations about MB dealership in Lynnwood in the last 3 years. Everything that I stated that happened in the initial review is 100% true, believe it or not. It was astonishing to me, and therefore it justified being shared to warn off others from doing business with this dealership. However, your mileage may vary and our bad experience may (hopefully) never replicate again given the lesson learned that any business cannot just easily discriminate a loyal customer and escape from facing real consequences.