Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

K-Box is useless!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K-Box is useless!

Before I installed my K-pulley, I did a G-tech with only the K-Box in my car. To my surprise, my car is even slower now with K-Box!

I emailed Kleemann (Denmark HQ) but they simply dont even bother to reply me at all...

****!
Old 07-02-2005, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
..........this is why I basically refrain from ordering these performance parts from the vendors and installing them. Best to go to their local authorized rep and do everything through them and INSIST on before and after Dyno even if you have to pay out of pocket for the dyno. It is not much secret that what is often claimed on websites and ads is not what you get. Regional varions in temp, humidity octane level do make a diffrence. My response is that the rep can feel free to ship the car to any place they want with the correct conditions, but get me a dyno that shows the results they claim on their website, otherwise no payement.

Ted
Old 07-03-2005, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200K W211 (M271)
K-Box is supposed to be used with the pulley, right? So probably it's optimised for that config, i.e. fooling the ECU to give a different Air/Fuel mixture and valve timings for a higher Kompressor setting (via the pulley). If you have NOT installed the pulley, and expect the K-Box to up the performance, it might not be fair.

In fact, without the pulley, the timings of the valve and the Air/Fuel mixture is likely to be too rich. Why? Without a stronger compressor to push in more air, the fuel allowed thru K-Box is likely to be more than optimal.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Kompressor

If the motor is not optimized for the additional air wouldn't the increased work done by the supercharger just act as a load, sucking horsepower away from the motor?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Thumbs up What a Gal!

Tishers - You are absolutely correct in your analysis. Yes the supercharger does use more HP when it is turned faster, however in the case of the after market pulley mod. the supercharger is still not outside it's efficient operating window. So, it is only using a portion of the additional HP produced, and the rest goes towards higher performance. Now, at some point what you have pointed out will happen by spinning the supercharger even faster, but you would need to run race gas to find out at what point this would happen, because of the higher temperatures that would be involved. Glad to see you are interested in the internal combustion engine! - Bob