Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Tuning Options for M271 in Singapore

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK200 Avantgarde
This is a very interesting thread. I am planning an upgrade for my M271 myself and over here in Thailand a Brabus K4 Kit (193 hp) costs US$4500 including labor while a Kleemann pulley + ECU tuning costs US$3,000.

Any of you guys tried the Brabus K4 kit before?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Almost a Member!

W211
Kleeman's Low Boost Kompressor system

Hi

Anyone has tried Kleeman's Low Boost Kompressor system for the V6 engine? Benzline quoted me around $13,000 for it. Which workshop in Singapore will be able to instal it in a Merc?

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/567EE3BB..._name=newsitem
Old 01-26-2006, 10:07 PM

E200K W211 (M271)
Originally Posted by vaness_bond
The M271 performance header will be available in our local ground soon. Two options is available, header with the downpipe that includes the Cats which is a much better flow that the stock, or just the header itself. The header is a 4-1 made of stainless steel grade 304. This is good news for all M271 owners.
Care to share where this will be available from? Let's try to mention the S'pore workshops and approx price & performance, so we can compare. Thx!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT
I have just recently installed:
- MKB ECU programming.
- Crank/water pump pulley upgrade & and belt change.
- K&N air filter upgrade
- Fuel pressure regulator

Power increases significant. Workshop claims 45-50bhp increase, but I am waiting for time to dyno the car to check this. However, you can feel the difference. Much more free revving engine, more power/torque through the rev range, louder supercharger sound.

Total cost about S$4,500. So far, worth the money, although fuel consumption is really impacted.

Choose the above setup after considering Kleeman performance kit, and brabus kit. I think overall, this setup takes best of Kleeman and MKB offering and combines them for a little more performance (e.g. MKB doesn't do Pulley upgrade).
Old 01-27-2006, 11:29 PM

E200K W211 (M271)
Is yours MKB ECU tuning with Kleemann pulley kit (less the k-box)? Or is your pulley a custom job? Where did you install it?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT
Originally Posted by VBlaster_W211
Is yours MKB ECU tuning with Kleemann pulley kit (less the k-box)? Or is your pulley a custom job? Where did you install it?
It's MKB ECU tuning with a custom pulley (modelled after the Kleeman pulley, but without the damper). Will PM you the installer.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:27 AM

W208 CLK230K Convertible, R231 SL400, W222 S450L
What sort of differences in fuel consumption ? Curious.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:08 PM

E200K W211 (M271)
Benzsolution emailed me. According to them, MKB software + customised pulley + intercooler kit = 250 bhp for M271

Sounds interesting....
Old 02-06-2006, 09:48 PM

Vblaster, did they say how much it'll cost for the whole setup ?

Old 02-06-2006, 10:55 PM

E200K W211 (M271)
Nope. Will try to find out more. I believe a few have been tuned by them (slkfan?). Hopefully bro's with rides tuned by MKB and pulley comes fwd to share their experience.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT
Originally Posted by forge
What sort of differences in fuel consumption ? Curious.
Fuel consumption during regular town driving has increased about 20% or so (could be my right foot... as the tuning shouldn't cause too much of a fuel consumption increase). But when you get to plenty of WOT situations, you can see the fuel needle dropping horribly.... There ain't no such thing as free power.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:09 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, is this customized pulley kit are the so called "replica" pulleys made from Taiwan ? If that is so, I would not lay my hands on them. A freind of mine had an experience of retrofitting these so called "replica" pulley from Taiwan designed for the M271 specs. After a period of time, the pulley exhibits a crack which obviously he does not know since it is hidden within the engine and eventually threw apart within the engine one day when he was driving. This is horrifying...

Unless you are getting a pulley from a reputable tuner such as Kleemann or Carlsson to name a few...particulary it involves the engine compartment.

The Kleemann M271 performance kit incorporates the K-Box which has been tuned accordingly with the optimized air/fuel ratio to accomodate the larger crank pulley designed by them. Especially when you have a larger crank pulley installed, having an incorrect air/fuel mixture could result to a damage to your engine pistons and camshaft.

I have seen the Carlsson pulley and man I say it is sweet....
Old 02-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT
Originally Posted by vaness_bond
Correct me if I am wrong, is this customized pulley kit are the so called "replica" pulleys made from Taiwan ? If that is so, I would not lay my hands on them. A freind of mine had an experience of retrofitting these so called "replica" pulley from Taiwan designed for the M271 specs. After a period of time, the pulley exhibits a crack which obviously he does not know since it is hidden within the engine and eventually threw apart within the engine one day when he was driving. This is horrifying...

Unless you are getting a pulley from a reputable tuner such as Kleemann or Carlsson to name a few...particulary it involves the engine compartment.

The Kleemann M271 performance kit incorporates the K-Box which has been tuned accordingly with the optimized air/fuel ratio to accomodate the larger crank pulley designed by them. Especially when you have a larger crank pulley installed, having an incorrect air/fuel mixture could result to a damage to your engine pistons and camshaft.

I have seen the Carlsson pulley and man I say it is sweet....
Too late.. the pulley is in. So far, there are quite a number of these pulleys in singapore, and so far, no blowups - that's why I took the risk of installing it.

With respect to air-fuel mixture, I have a reflashed ECU program from MKB that takes the larger crank pulley into account, and hence is optimised for the program. However, I understand that the standard ECU will also adjust fueling based on increased flow (within specific limits though).

Will let you know of any exploding pulleys....
Old 02-08-2006, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by VBlaster_W211
Benzsolution emailed me. According to them, MKB software + customised pulley + intercooler kit = 250 bhp for M271

Sounds interesting....
VBlaster_W211,

I initially have the Kleemann pulley with the MKB ECU plus the right intercooler core. There is no way we can acheive 250 BHP with these mods. Besides, I have tried 4 various intercooler core to make sure that there isn't any lag. The intercooler core with the right dimension and fins does cause an impact on the overall performance. The best you can achieve is probably 210 BHP at crank....

I am using the Kleeman K-Box now coupled with the stock ECU. No MKB for me....
Old 02-09-2006, 04:32 AM

W210 E200K
Hi

Has anyone install a Kleemann pully kit on M111 engine? any feedback?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:45 AM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
Originally Posted by MoNd3sTo7
Has anyone install a Kleemann pully kit on M111 engine? any feedback?
gd stuff! supercharger sounds a lot louder and the power gain is very noticeable!

however, ive had problems with my ecu failing a few times about a year after the install. c&c credits the problems to the pulley kit but im not so sure about that. but to be safe, i removed the pulley kit.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT
Originally Posted by slkfans
VBlaster_W211,

I initially have the Kleemann pulley with the MKB ECU plus the right intercooler core. There is no way we can acheive 250 BHP with these mods. Besides, I have tried 4 various intercooler core to make sure that there isn't any lag. The intercooler core with the right dimension and fins does cause an impact on the overall performance. The best you can achieve is probably 210 BHP at crank....

I am using the Kleeman K-Box now coupled with the stock ECU. No MKB for me....
Couple questions:
1. How did you remove the MKB programming? Understand that once they flash it, you can't go back to your original program unless you get C&C to do it for you.

2. Do you have the right dimensions for the intercooler? I am interested in getting the IC replaced, but I dunno what the right one is. I know that if the shape is wrong (especially the end tanks), then you don't get the right flow, and get a lot of lag.

3. What is your k-box + stock ECU putting out now?
Old 02-11-2006, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by jrustrick
Couple questions:
1. How did you remove the MKB programming? Understand that once they flash it, you can't go back to your original program unless you get C&C to do it for you.

C&C updated the software version and as a result, it overwrites the MKB and back to stock.

2. Do you have the right dimensions for the intercooler? I am interested in getting the IC replaced, but I dunno what the right one is. I know that if the shape is wrong (especially the end tanks), then you don't get the right flow, and get a lot of lag.

I cannot recall the dimensions but all I can remember was that after several intercoolers cores, the last of all of them performs best as far as the HP is concerned. Do not use the intercooler with tubes and fins, it will not work with the kind of vehicle we have, it makes the vehicle worst in terms of power.

3. What is your k-box + stock ECU putting out now?
Did a dyno, approx. 200 BHP at crank
Old 02-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT

I cannot recall the dimensions but all I can remember was that after several intercoolers cores, the last of all of them performs best as far as the HP is concerned. Do not use the intercooler with tubes and fins, it will not work with the kind of vehicle we have, it makes the vehicle worst in terms of power.
Do you know what type of intercooler core is best?
Old 02-12-2006, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by jrustrick
Do you know what type of intercooler core is best?
bar and plate works best
Old 02-12-2006, 07:33 AM

Just to keep you guys updated that I have ordered the m271 header by one of the forum member "mgheaders". Will keep you guys updated on the outcome. There was a thread discussion on the headers performance gain, besides, there was pics of this header by the forum member.

It looks awesome to me by the finish product as compared to the custom build header I have where the mandrel bends and welding isn't that fascinating. The custom build header cost me almost S$800 after all the workaround with the patch and fixes. It will be just as good to get a complete finish product where the price is almost there.

Has any of you guys done anything to your manifold ? I contacted the member and he told me that the header is a direct fit, no welding is required, a flange on one end to accommodate the primary catalytic converter.

Anyway, I will be receiving early of the week and any updates on this will keep you posted. I am so "kiasu" that I purchased 2 pieces of this manifold.

Last edited by slkfans; 02-12-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 PM

W208 CLK230K Convertible, R231 SL400, W222 S450L
Did this header work ? I'm told there's a difference between headers made for LHD and RHD cars.

Just to keep you guys updated that I have ordered the m271 header by one of the forum member "mgheaders". Will keep you guys updated on the outcome. There was a thread discussion on the headers performance gain, besides, there was pics of this header by the forum member.
It looks awesome to me by the finish product as compared to the custom build header I have where the mandrel bends and welding isn't that fascinating. The custom build header cost me almost S$800 after all the workaround with the patch and fixes. It will be just as good to get a complete finish product where the price is almost there.
Has any of you guys done anything to your manifold ? I contacted the member and he told me that the header is a direct fit, no welding is required, a flange on one end to accommodate the primary catalytic converter.

Anyway, I will be receiving early of the week and any updates on this will keep you posted. I am so "kiasu" that I purchased 2 pieces of this manifold.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by forge
Did this header work ? I'm told there's a difference between headers made for LHD and RHD cars.
Absolutely, the headers fit perfectly on my RHD !
Old 03-05-2006, 10:25 PM

Anyone who might be interested to purchase my 4 month old C32 AMG brake calipers (front) ? You will need 18" rims to clear them.

The entire kit comes with a pair of AMG front calipers, disc rotors as well as the brake pads.

Make me an offer.

Thanks

Last edited by slkfans; 03-06-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Almost a Member!

W211
Anyone who might be interested to purchase my 4 month old C32 AMG brake calipers (front) ? You will need 18" rims to clear them.

The entire kit comes with a pair of AMG front calipers, disc rotors as well as the brake pads.

Make me an offer.

Thanks
Unfortunately, I have alreay placed my order for an AMG big brake kit for installation on my W211 (E Class).

How many pistons does your C32 AMG brake caliper have? Are AMG brake pads expensive? How do you rate the stopping power of the C32 AMG brake kit over the stock brake kit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tuning Options for M271 in Singapore