Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

enlarge throttle body ....HELP please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Originally Posted by steve872
Send your throttle body to RVMorse Machine in Orange County. Talk to Roy first. Before I had my t/b I did a ton of research and got lucky when I found Roy. He knew how much he could take out. Almost 3mm. I drive a 2003 SLK230 which has different engine management system than your car. My ECU has had no problems with any of my mods. The t/b made my car run rough for about 10 minutes then smooted right out. Power increase was very noticable and I ran 2 dyno runs the next day and had a 4whp increase.

My stock t/b was 57MM and I had it bored out to 59.82. I still have not got around to having the lip on the plastic intake manifold sanded down to match the t/b. I am just going to buy a new intake and sand it down and then have a shop install it for me. What are you going to do with your bored out t/b. If it is of no use to you please email at steve872@hotmail.com. I may be interested.

From now on do not attempt to install parts that have been altered without having the original stock part right by your side. That is my way which may not work for some. It cost a lot of money to do it my way but I am assured of having that stock part ready to go right then and there.
how much did this cost you, and where is OC is it? I have a M111, and I would be interested in it.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here it is! Approx. $225.00. Photo of invoice has been posted before on this website so do a check under Throttle body upgrade by me!

Last edited by steve872; 11-11-2006 at 11:25 PM.