Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Quaife diff. hard to install (instructions)?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Quaife diff. hard to install (instructions)?????

Hey guys i want to install a Quaife diff on my C55, (well GET IT installed ) but there is no one that sells them around me. I can order one and there are a few GOOD places around me to do the install but I get asked by everyone when i ask them if they feel comfortable doing the work, if its just taking the old one out and puting the new one in while using the existing bearings and um shims r they called i think? lol Quaife does NOT have install instructions and i do not have the experience to explain to these places what has to be done. I wish i could show them something just so they have a good idea of what the project calls for and to make sure they are totaly aware of there respon. I mean they have the tools but i want to be 100% sure that they are aware of what needs to be done so later i dont get a story like " you told us it just needed to be droped in but it needs a lot of fine tuning or else your rear end will be eaten up, oh and that will cost another $600 bucks!!" something like that. Any and all help would be appr.!!