Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

clk320, engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile clk320, engine

Team,
I just bought this 2002 clk 320,
engine light is off and on, when it comes on, it flashes 5-6 times, then statys on, then goes off mainly if I park it overnight,
drive for a day or two then comes back on, FYI...gas is always above half,
also,
after a long drive few days ago, the car started to shake when parked once, acted as if it was a diesel engine, then once started to drive again the shake was gone,
also,
I hear very soft ticks, from the engine, even while parked, sounds like this" tiff tiff tiff tiff tiff ..."

any Ideas,
would STP octane boosters help regardless.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
first, check to see if your gas cap is tight and looks like it has a good seal on the inside.

next the rough idling is most likely the engine misfiring or possibly the engine mounts if it feels like more of a vibration issue.

the small ticking from the engine could be the purge control valve doing its job which is normal for it to make that ticking noise, or it could be a bad lifter.

try to locate the source of the ticking whether it sounds like its inside the engine or something around the engine.

last, run down to one of the local auto parts stores and see if they will check the fault codes for you and then post them up here..