Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Sprintbooster question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Sprintbooster question

I wanted to figure out if anyone knew the difference between the non AMG and the AMG version of the sprintbooster? I heard the AMG version is more tame, but is that necessary? I can't find any US phone numbers for tech help online for sprintbooster, so I thought I would ask u guys. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
I wanted to figure out if anyone knew the difference between the non AMG and the AMG version of the sprintbooster? I heard the AMG version is more tame, but is that necessary? I can't find any US phone numbers for tech help online for sprintbooster, so I thought I would ask u guys. Thanks!

I has bought 5 Sprint Booster in the past to used on my Clk 430, Clk 500 and CL 55. I swapped them around on each car and like the AMG version the most on all mine cars.The AMG is much better over all. I ONLY recommended the AMG version for AMG cars. I currently used the AMG version (because of less aggressive throttle response) on my Clk 500 Cabriolet and LOVE IT. If you need to order one. Please contact Andy at sale@PartsExporter.com or check out his website at www.partsexporter.com
Old 10-24-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by Klinh
Please contact Andy at sale@PartsExporter.com or check out his website at www.partsexporter.com

Andy is the best! I just received my Sprinbooster it's the 2nd one I purchased and I enjoy it every day on both my cars
Old 10-24-2008, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
I has bought 5 Sprint Booster in the past to used on my Clk 430, Clk 500 and CL 55. I swapped them around on each car and like the AMG version the most on all mine cars.The AMG is much better over all. I ONLY recommended the AMG version for AMG cars. I currently used the AMG version (because of less aggressive throttle response) on my Clk 500 Cabriolet and LOVE IT. If you need to order one. Please contact Andy at sale@PartsExporter.com or check out his website at www.partsexporter.com
so what do you recommend? Non AMG one for non AMG cars??
Old 10-25-2008, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
so what do you recommend? Non AMG one for non AMG cars??
I can't recommend because I don't know what you drive. Like I said in my post, I like the AMG version better and you DO NOT want to use the non-AMG version on AMG cars.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 PM

07 C230 (sold) 2009 E63 AMG (SOLD), 2015 E 63 AMG S
Sprint booster?? how does it help or what does it do?
sorry kinda new to upgrading benz and looking forward to improving my performance on mine
Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 PM

08 ML350; 07' Acura RDX; 05'FX45; 03'Murano
Wink

Originally Posted by BlkBenz8
Sprint booster?? how does it help or what does it do?
sorry kinda new to upgrading benz and looking forward to improving my performance on mine
Introduction

Automobiles in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable technology for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates pedal travel into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.

The ECT system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.
The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ECT-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driver's disposal.

Feature

The Sprint Booster might very well be the "smartest" gadget on your car. It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ECT's potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.

Trending Topics

Old 11-21-2008, 09:31 AM

2015 MERCEDES ML63-AMG
Do they make one for the CL600? How difficult is the installation? Anyone with a CL600 have one installed?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by am_beagle
Introduction

Automobiles in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable technology for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates pedal travel into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.

The ECT system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.
The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ECT-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driver's disposal.

Feature

The Sprint Booster might very well be the "smartest" gadget on your car. It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ECT's potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.
OHH NICEEEEE... Where can i get one of these sprintboosters? i want one asap!! and thanks for the lecture haha
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 PM

2005 SL55 AMG, 1986 Porsche 930S, 1996 Porsche 993tt
OHH NICEEEEE... Where can i get one of these sprintboosters? i want one asap!! and thanks for the lecture haha
http://stores.ebay.com/Parts-Exporter-Store
Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

scroll up and read my #2 post.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:53 AM

scroll up and read my #2 post.
Soo sprintboosters are only reccomended for AMG??

cause im pretty sure ive seen that mod on other mbs and they say it works really well
Old 11-27-2008, 01:35 PM

2015 MERCEDES ML63-AMG
I just installed the sprint booster on my CL600. Use the AMG part if your car is high performance. I did on my car. I can smoke the tires at will. Really goes well with the Renntech ECU upgrade. Very easy to install and worth the $$.