Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Our old pal HPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
Our old pal HPS

Hey guys, guess who's back? Give up? It's our old friend HPS. Good afternoon. Drop by the Benzworld forums and welcome him and whatever aliases he's using this week back along with his sidekick, the 19 year old web designer. Sure miss him here.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Banned

Re: Our old pal HPS

Originally posted by Mark Pedersen
Hey guys, guess who's back? Give up? It's our old friend After reading all this garbage on theses forums I had to make a responds. The majority of these statements are lies and false rumors made from someone who wanted something for free.

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
Lavorisdrew@hotmail.com

PS. I do not work for HPS.

HPS. Good afternoon. Drop by the Benzworld forums and welcome him and whatever aliases he's using this week back along with his sidekick, the 19 year old web designer. Sure miss him here.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:54 PM

S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
All of the above may be true. However, HPS and His 19 year old web designer, who I do not believe was making the posts claimed, were deceitful and less than above board in their communication with members on this forum. Even if the product checks out ok, I would never do business with someone who comported themselves as HPS did on this forum. Oh, and by the way, he never answered the questions asked by me. Worst public relations effort I've ever witnessed.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) How did that person get to drive Timster's car for 700 miles if he doen't work for HPS?

B) His seat of the pants evaluation doesn't mean crap (especially if he has never driven a Kleemann). Dynos don't lie.

C) If i recall, Timster was very careful not to make libelous statements against HPS and gave HPS numerous opportunities to explain themselves on this board.

D) Timster owns a CLK55 and (I assume) paid for his HPS upon delivery. It doesn't really make sense that he would run the risk of screwing up his car and shell out the bucks for the HPS in the hopes of getting some money back.

E) I really don't care if you are 45, 35, African-American, Chinese, etc. your ability to put forth a reasonable, persuasive argument is on par with my 3 year old nephew.

F) HPS might eventually have a good product but the way they handled Timster's situation on this board I doubt that they will ever be good businessmen.

G) Thank god for Kleemann.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:36 AM

HPS goin no where but up its own ***
Old 01-18-2003, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
mrdrew, you work for HPS, be fair or go away, weve seen timsters dynos, you cant argue that they suck....
Old 01-18-2003, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
i believe HPS exibiting usage of
-Ad hominem attacking the person.
-irrelevant reason, the attempt is to make listeners or readers overlook the fdact that the issue has been evaded, or 4get that it has been addressed.
-Hasty Conclusion, the use of an argument that presents evidence which, while relevant to itz concclusion.
-supressed evidence, failing to bring revelant evidence to bear on an argument.
-evading the issue, evading answerign a question, while prentending to have addressed it.

that is all the fallacies i can hthink of HPS has done
Old 01-18-2003, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
Originally posted by tpliquid
i believe HPS exibiting usage of
-Ad hominem attacking the person.
-irrelevant reason, the attempt is to make listeners or readers overlook the fdact that the issue has been evaded, or 4get that it has been addressed.
-Hasty Conclusion, the use of an argument that presents evidence which, while relevant to itz concclusion.
-supressed evidence, failing to bring revelant evidence to bear on an argument.
-evading the issue, evading answerign a question, while prentending to have addressed it.

that is all the fallacies i can hthink of HPS has done
and showing that he is completely untrustworthy by using alias names like LagunaCLK or whatever it was.....right, im gonna do business with a person who lies and cheats....
Old 01-18-2003, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by Petie
right, im gonna do business with a person who lies and cheats....
then try it out and get a HPS supercharger on ur ride eric :p