Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Hello forum...can anyone help me play with my new '05 CLK55 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55 AMG
Cool Hello forum...can anyone help me play with my new '05 CLK55 AMG?

Well, it's new to me, anyway. It's a 2005 with 27,500 miles, in absolutely perfect, apparently garaged, condition. Did I do OK for $29,9?

I totally love it, although I really was looking for something...well, sportier, and "snarlier," I couldn't pass it up after I drove one. There wasn't much else out there I was very interested in, and it's obviously a really awesome car.

Anyway, I hate something really bad about this car: ESP. And it's not like you can just turn it off. It turns itself back on...

Is there a way to either make the default position off, or simply disable it altogether, without adversely affecting the other functions of the computer?

Also, I would like to tease the last few HP out of the beast that are available. Any advice about which performance chip to get, maybe other "easy" mods that will put it nearer 400HP?

I have to be careful that anything I do is either not visible, or easily reversed - as the factory warranty was out, and to get a really good extended/aftermarket warranty out to 5 yrs and 100k miles, I had to spend $5k, and it very specifically excludes much significant coverage in case of mechanical failure if there are performance mods.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Clay
Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Hi Clay,

Congrats on your new car!

For info about mods for your car and features such completely disabling ESP, check out and search through this forum:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg...-w208-w209-45/

They would know best what should be done with your car.

From what I know, i would suggest larger air boxes, headers, full exhaust, resonator and secondary cat delete, and a tune. maybe an AMS crank pulley as well.