Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Satisfaction to date- 100%

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL450
Thumbs up Satisfaction to date = 100%

I’ve only had the Kleemann Supercharger on for a few days; it feels like Mercedes AMG did it them selves. I’m sure I am the only person in the world that has had two different Super Charges on the same Mercedes Benz in as short amount of time. The Kleemann system is superior in designed, quality, installation and drivability. It’s seamless to the user. I can’t say enough about how nice this system is.

Track day will be Friday March 14th I’ll post my experiences then.
Tim

Last edited by Timster; 03-04-2003 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Glad to hear you are happy with the system. It's hard to believe how good the system is until you actually spend some time with one... then you are forever converted.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by Sleestack
Glad to hear you are happy with the system. It's hard to believe how good the system is until you actually spend some time with one... then you are forever converted.
I am a true believer and have been converted to Kleemannisum!
I wonder if Kleemann can do anything for my Denali?
Tim
Old 03-04-2003, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Timster
I am a true believer and have been converted to Kleemannisum!
I wonder if Kleemann can do anything for my Denali?
Tim

Kleemmunism is right. All praises, no problems. All problems shall not be exposed.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by Hank
Kleemmunism is right. All praises, no problems. All problems shall not be exposed.
WOW Hank,
You seam to be really down on Kleemann?
So far to date there have been no problems, if there where I'd post them. The installation went exactly as specified. No surprises. Kleemann gave me exactly what they said they would. Unlike other companies.
I understand that when modifying a car people perspective of problems or things that may not seam right differ from person to person. What may be a problem to one person another may not take notice. Take it from me I have done enough modification to cars to know what works and what doesn’t work.
Everything you do to a car that is not factory (even factory has it’s problems) takes away something from another part. But so far the car runs great. I will not hide any problems.
Tim
Old 03-04-2003, 01:47 PM

It's great news that your experiences have been great so far, and you should be. I'm thinking the G4 is probably far more refined than the G3. How many G3 owners are out there? I would like to talk to them personally and compare our experiences.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hank,

He's right, the majority of your posts express that you seem to be disatisfied with your supercharger. If this is the case, why not take it off? I'm sure many 320 owners would love to take it off your hands.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by Mach430
Hank,

He's right, the majority of your posts express that you seem to be disatisfied with your supercharger. If this is the case, why not take it off? I'm sure many 320 owners would love to take it off your hands.
Can't say I haven't thought of doing so, but the depreciation factor and additional labor costs would not make that worthwhile.

Plus, I'm sure people would like to hear all sides of the story. After all, this is what this forum is about right?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:16 PM

Hank you had some problems, which I belive KLEEMANN USA and Evosport took care of with no cost for you.

After that experience you seemed to be happy again, what's wrong ???? what's your problem ????

For your info, G3 and G4 is exactly the same technology, there is absolutely no difference.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by Lucas
what's your problem ????

No problem... Just tired of seeing one-sided stories. I understand Ted Baldwin also had similar problems on his G3, and was satisfied that Kleemann and MBAutowerks took care of him.

That's 2 that went bad within a year. I'm just letting the public know! Anything wrong with that?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:39 PM

No company with a technical product can be 100% perfect, it's simply not possible, things will some times go wrong and I would be lieing thru my teeth if I did.

As we have discoussed before, there has been taken care of yours and Ted B's cars, you didn't fall between 2 chairs where nobody wanted to help you.
I can understand if Evosport and KLEEMANN USA didn't fix the car, you would be negative, but you where treated 110% OK and you are still negative ????.

Why should anybody waiste time and money to ever help you again, you don't appriciate the help anyway.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by Lucas
No company with a technical product can be 100% perfect, it's simply not possible, things will some times go wrong and I would be lieing thru my teeth if I did.

As we have discoussed before, there has been taken care of yours and Ted B's cars, you didn't fall between 2 chairs where nobody wanted to help you.
I can understand if Evosport and KLEEMANN USA didn't fix the car, you would be negative, but you where treated 110% OK and you are still negative ????.

Why should anybody waiste time and money to ever help you again, you don't appriciate the help anyway.
1. I understand that nobody has a perfect product. Same goes for HPS. Just don't spend all your time looking for HPS' problems while trying to build your own reputation. I also understand perfectly that my posts doesn't phase well with business... well, similarily neither do your posts help HPS (just an example).

2. Yes I appreciate all the help that evosport and KleemannUSA provided when there was a problem with my car. But looking at the 2 known failures out of the 3 ppl who has the G3 Kompressor on this forum... That's not a very good percentage, is it? Were there any corrective actions done at the production side of Kleemann? Or are we going to experience similar problems after the 1-year warranty period is over? Would Kleemann be willing to step up to the plate and extend the warranties of those who's Kompressor has had a problem?

3. I'm just letting the general consensus know my experiences with Kleemann. Maybe I should have tried HPS first and then gone to Kleemann. Maybe I should have shipped my car to Colorado Springs and received personal attention from KleemannUSA HQ.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

1. I understand that nobody has a perfect product. Same goes for HPS. Just don't spend all your time looking for HPS' problems while trying to build your own reputation. I also understand perfectly that my posts doesn't phase well with business... well, similarily neither do your posts help HPS (just an example).

2. Yes I appreciate all the help that evosport and KleemannUSA provided when there was a problem with my car. But looking at the 2 known failures out of the 3 ppl who has the G3 Kompressor on this forum... That's not a very good percentage, is it? Were there any corrective actions done at the production side of Kleemann? Or are we going to experience similar problems after the 1-year warranty period is over? Would Kleemann be willing to step up to the plate and extend the warranties of those who's Kompressor has had a problem?

3. I'm just letting the general consensus know my experiences with Kleemann. Maybe I should have tried HPS first and then gone to Kleemann. Maybe I should have shipped my car to Colorado Springs and received personal attention from KleemannUSA HQ.
Hello Hank et al-

Many if not most of the posts on this forum between, aimed at or by tuners slowly slide to name calling, dirty pool and plain bashing. Human nature? or pulling the low punch- who knows and who cares? Ultimately its the answers to these questions and how they are delivered that is important.

In any event on with the questions-

Yes- KLEEMANN has identified the problem with the early production of the G3 V6 system. It has been corrected. Our warranty, like most other SC warranties, is a "pull, inspect, repair or replace at KLEEMANNs descretion" warranty. Rather than subject you to an extended wait time to repair the issue with your SC driveshaft, I elected to replace the entire unit for you and Ted Baldwin. From a consumer perspective if you appriciate that or not I dont know- you are probably unhappy anything happened at all. You are, of course, free to post what ever opinion you have about the matter, which you seem to be doing. There is no secret code of silence. As for the length of your warranty- you will find that we stand behind our products 110%, and I am a reasonable person.

I dont think we spend our time looking for HPS's problems. In many of my posts I have made neutral and even positive comments about the product. I have maintained that HPS's product has a place in this world, and it does. Those who are willing to sacrafice some performance for savings and have one of the 3 or 4 chassis the system will fit have an alternative to RT, Lorinser, KLEEMANN etc. The fact of the matter is Lucas and myself have forgotten more about SC systems and MBZ cars in general than anyone at HPS seems to know , so with this long experience comes some sarcasm, dry wit and short attention span to drivel. Forgive us

Last edited by Brandon @ Kleemann; 03-04-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
I don't believe any company takes more crap than the EVOsport and Kleemann.
Nothings perfect and if problems arise and if they took care of the problem in a timely manner then let it go. If the problem still exists than give them another chance to fix it.
I have purchased allot of aftermarket parts for several different kinds of cars. And I can tell you that some companies don’t make the extra effort to make the customer happy.

For example:
I purchase a set of 20" Momo Chrome Vantage wheels with Nitto tires for my 2000 Silverado. They could never get the wheels and tires to balance correctly. Four sets of Nitto tires and never once did they stay balanced. The Wheels would appear straight but when balanced they would wobble at freeway speeds. And would get flat spots after setting overnight.
Do you know what Nitto and Momo gave as there explanation?
And I quote "You have to give up something for style"
Now who here would accept that for an answer?

Here's another example.
I purchased a BBK Ported and Polished throttle body for my corvette. I installed it as per the instructions. The car would not run it just kept dieing. I called the company I purchased it from and was told to call the manufacture it's not our problem. The company that sold it has a great reputation for fast delivery and everybody’s happy. Except when you want to return something. They walked away and left you stranded.

I have many more examples but those stand out.
I for one am very happy with my purchase and how EVOsport and Kleemann treated me, keep up the good work guys the strong will survive!
Tim
Old 03-04-2003, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by KLEEMANN

Yes- KLEEMANN has identified the problem with the early production of the G3 V6 system. It has been corrected. Our warranty, like most other SC warranties, is a "pull, inspect, repair or replace at KLEEMANNs descretion" warranty. Rather than subject you to an extended wait time to repair the issue with your SC driveshaft, I elected to replace the entire unit for you and Ted Baldwin. From a consumer perspective if you appriciate that or not I dont know- you are probably unhappy anything happened at all. You are, of course, free to post what ever opinion you have about the matter, which you seem to be doing. There is no secret code of silence. As for the length of your warranty- you will find that we stand behind our products 110%, and I am a reasonable person.

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear and to be assured of. I'm glad that Kleemann, as a company, takes corrective measures on any defects and admits that there was once a problem.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear and to be assured of. I'm glad that Kleemann, as a company, takes corrective measures on any defects and admits that there was once a problem.
just a question, but would you not consider fixing your problems that you had without question and free of charge, without hassle, as admitting there was a problem?
Old 03-04-2003, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by Petie
just a question, but would you not consider fixing your problems that you had without question and free of charge, without hassle, as admitting there was a problem?
I consider my car being decomissioned (against my will) as an apparent problem.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

No need to second guess here- there was a problem, and its been identified and corrected. I will explain it fully here:

The issue was actually not with the water pumps but with a small run of the driveshafts, only in the V6 units. The driveshaft in our system is supported on each end by a bearing. One is in the SC drive cover and the other is the water pump, which forms a continuous sctructural unit with the SC housing via the water manifold. The driveshaft is two parts, a splined shaft and receiver coupling inside the SC drive. These two splined parts fit together with a press fit. They are then ground as an entire unit to be true and concentric.

The problem was excessive tolerance in the spline coupling, meaning it could "wobble" while being ground. The tolerance we are talking about he is one 10th of a milimeter. If you measure the effect of a 1/10th of a mm on on end of a 155mm shaft it becomes nearly 1mm. If you place one end of the unit in a fixture and rotate it the other end will orbit. This "orbiting" of the shaft will wear the water pump bearing out very quickly. Once the water pump bearing stops being effective as a support for the shaft the bearing in the SC takes all the orbiting load which will lead to a worn spline coupling and a pronounced grinding noise. The SC itself is still working and within tolerance but the noise is oppressive.

After contacting the supplier of the shafts it was found to be an isolated incident with only the V6 shafts, a batch had escaped a QC procedure that would have landed them in the waste bin. A double redundant QC procedure is now in place so this will not happen again. All shafts are now produced with QC procedures that ensure the press fit tolerance, reference marked and serial numbered with the runout spec recorded.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:05 PM

'11 S550 4Matic, '12 SL63 AMG, '13 ML350, '16 AMG GT-S Ed. 1,'03 Ford F-250
Herein lies the difference...and the reason why I would not buy HPS...the nature and direct response/action to questions and comments on this board. Whether or not you choose to call it ****y or sarcastic or whatever AT LEAST THEY RESPOND WITH INTELLIGENT/USEFUL ANSWERS, STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.

I was simply embarrased at HPS's responses on some of the prior threads. If they cannot participate in an intelligent, adult debate, they are certainly not going to touch my car. It's that simple.

Take care!
Old 03-05-2003, 04:26 AM

Question

After contacting the supplier of the shafts it was found to be an isolated incident with only the V6 shafts, a batch had escaped a QC procedure that would have landed them in the waste bin. A double redundant QC procedure is now in place so this will not happen again. All shafts are now produced with QC procedures that ensure the press fit tolerance, reference marked and serial numbered with the runout spec recorded.

Hi, Kleemann :
Any recall needed for the defect batch ?
If they can be traced back from the serial no. of S/C (G3) shipped ?

Thanks !
Old 03-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

No recall required. The effected kompressors have all been identified and addressed.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Hank,

All past problems aside, how happy are you with the power increase?
Old 03-06-2003, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
................despite the water pump mishap, I am pretty happy with my experience with Kleemann and MBautowerks. It is unfortunate that the problem occured with the V6 superchargers because I think at $10K installed, the V6 s/c represents a real value as far as aftermarket performance mods go. Now that the problem has been corrected, I hope it does not affect sales of the V6 s/c.

Ted
Old 03-06-2003, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by Tezta
Hank,

All past problems aside, how happy are you with the power increase?
It's surely damn better than stock. But I do sometimes wonder why Ted Baldwin's dyno results shows significantly greater gains over the 3.2L than others. I know he has an upgraded crankshaft pulley, but does that attribute to that much of a difference?

How many 3.2L w/ G3s are there on his board (besides Brandon and Ted)? Care to share?
Old 03-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

The different SC pulley (not crankshaft) raises the boost, and thus can achieve higher dyno numbers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Satisfaction to date- 100%