Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Are these guys for real? Electric superchargers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Are these guys for real? Electric superchargers?

http://www.superpowercharger.com/pro...cat=253&page=1

After so many scams over the years, has someone finally created the product that works or just started charging more for scams?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550
RE: Can this work?

Theoretically it IS possible. Basically what they are doing is replacing the drive side of the blower (the pulley sideor the exhaust manifold side) with a connectioni to an electric motor, (centrifugal and turbo, and apparently this also, have the same basic driven side design). It "could" work IF the electric motor can provide the needed power to spin the impeller to high enough RPM to make useful boost.

That said, I have no idea if the electric motors they use are up to the task. You need to find out the CFM it can handle as well as the boost pressure it can deliver at what CFM. Another thing to ask is what size engine are they getting the CFM and boost pressure #s from. Example, on my camaro 5.7 litre, each psi of boost presssure is about 20hp. You might want to ask for some dyno proof.

Hope this helps.

YMMV, VWPBL,
stu
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ML55 AMG
I have read Superpowerchargers website, it does sound ok but I don't see one picture of an installed supercharger. No tested vehicles, no dyno charts, no customer reviews, no close up pictures. And as I write this, two inches above I see the ad from thortonsuperchargers and that is deffinately not a real working product, and for a price of 99 dollars it sounds to good to be true. I have also read bad reviews about thorton. Just check the web and you will find all sorts of info about e-superchargers. I will contact superpowercharger because I would like more info about a supercharger for a ML55. I like the idea of some extra power at the flick of a switch.