Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 05-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam-

I do not know how many black boxes you use in your system- I do know that you at least use this one from Split Second, its a nice box. A programmable signal conditioner that can add or subtract 50% of the input load signal, programmable in 1/10th volt increments against a speed signal (RPM). Programmed using a laptop PC with an RS232 cable utilizing Split Seconds R4 software (which they also use for various other control devices).

BTW- Lucas lives in Denmark which is +8 hrs from MST, +9 hrs from PST, so hopefully hes getting som rest right now.

As for your O2 sensor question: Nothing like asking for an answer without providing complete details- why not scan and post this sheet so we can have a look at it. I am sure I can explain it to you. There are many variables from your vague description- what type of O2 sensor (zirconia, other?), wide band, narrow band, etc. Are we looking at a voltage at a certain A/F ratio while burning X type of fuel? Who knows? Post the sheet and I will tell you.

Lucas has mentioned that he will not help you learn anything as he thinks you should do what other tuners do- figure it out on your own without asking your competitors to help you. It demonstrates a lack of knowledge of systems that you wouldnt expect- dont you think? I personally dont see how answering this question is going to help you- but lets have a go anyway.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Yes Adam, Benzo June 2003 issue is out. The article is there comparing HPS to Kleemann to RennTech.

Page 5 has a full page, 4-color HPS add.

Two quotes from the article:

Quote 1: "The sole disadvantage of the Roots system? It generates a lot of heat, and we do not mean Pink, Lil' Kim or [INSERT DIVA OF CHOICE] heat."

Quote 2: "HPS's roots type requires no intercooler, according to company brass, because at peak operating temperature, the discharge air temperature does not increase."

Only one of those statements is true.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Adam,

Your site is being hosted at earthlink.
Your webmaster is still mastering his education.

Give me the numbers and the account login and I'll post them for you. Three weeks is too long.

Edit-- for free

Last edited by nukblazi; 05-01-2003 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by otoupalik
So it takes 2-3 weeks for HPS to get A/F ratio's to post? hummm

Just post them!

Thanks
Adam-

Go spend 49 USD on a cheap scanner and download some free editing software from http://www.download.com and post directly to this board.

Waiting for you webmaster is a bogus excuse- if you had a grade school PC you could have this data on this board in 5 minutes.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Brad,

Our Webmaster will not return back from school (University of Iowa) till mid May after finals.

Believe me I want those numbers up ASAP to end many discussions.
So your webmaster is the only one who knows the A/F ratio's for an HPS system?

This is confusing???

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-01-2003, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Good point, maybe I should scan and post it.
JUST TYPE THE NUMBER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

We will give you a few days to support it!

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

snip-

I think a lot of members would like to know how I felt driving a s/c Kleemann vehicle. But since you asked, as I was driving this beautiful silver SL500 on the I 15 freeway, I notice at low rpm engine lag till mid-range where it took off like a rocket going into space. Almost like a turbo charger, yet for some reason at redline it cut off. This particular system might be design different than the 430’s or 55’s, not sure.

When driving a s/c vehicle I’m interested in the transition of power throughout the rpm range and with this particular vehicle, I did not experience a smooth range of motion as our system delivers.
Please enlighten me as to whom this car belongs or who did the installation. Power delivery is smooth as silk from idle to redline when installed and tuned properly. As with any system (yes, my dear Adam, even yours) "god is in the details"- one wrong vacuum connection, incorrect FP, bad MAF etc you can have bad driveability.

"yet for some reason at redline it cut off. "

Yes Adam- thats called the rev limiter. What is the mystery here?
Old 05-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey HPS, yall need a webmaster? I can probably do some stuff, and i don't go on vacations either! AND I WORK FOR FREE!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Good point, maybe I should scan and post it.
All right! Topic is finally turning interesting again!
Old 05-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think a lot of members would like to know how I felt driving a s/c Kleemann vehicle. But since you asked, as I was driving this beautiful silver SL500 on the I 15 freeway, I notice at low rpm engine lag till mid-range where it took off like a rocket going into space. Almost like a turbo charger, yet for some reason at redline it cut off. This particular system might be design different than the 430’s or 55’s, not sure.

When driving a s/c vehicle I’m interested in the transition of power throughout the rpm range and with this particular vehicle, I did not experience a smooth range of motion as our system delivers.
Try turning off the ESP next time Otherwise you can keep the ESP flashing through 80 mph. And yes, Kleemann cars do cut off at redline--it is the rev limiter.

The SL/CL/S will never feel like they are going as fast as they are until you look at the speedometer and realize you're going over 100. They have ABC suspension, designed to keep the car flat and comfortable.

Take a look at a Kleemann dyno followed by the HPS dyno you provided us. Not only does your dyno show more lag, but it also takes a completely different shape than that of a stock 430(redline in Kleemann dyno), indicating that a Kleemann SC has a much smoother power delivery; almost identical to that of a stock Mercedes (only 50% higher ).

or:

-Ben
Old 05-02-2003, 05:15 PM

Adam

Will you please hurry up and post that data from your scanner.

I am simply dieing to see how your cheap hobby OBD II scanner can scan fuel pressure.

Please - please Adam, tell me the brand of scanner, I want one -
I am so sick of installing fuel pressure gauge and the smell of fuel
in the whole workshop.

By the way Adam, maybe you can tell me why MB Stardiagnosis not can see or scan fuel pressure, please help me out on this one.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:31 PM

Why don't you answer some questions, instead of playing idiot here ????

Send me 5 T-shirts.

KLEEMANN A/S
Rugmarken 27b
3520 Farum
Denmark
Att. Lucas