Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Supersprint vs. Eisenman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 slk230
Supersprint vs. Eisenman

I am looking to put an exhaust on my slk 230k. Looking for thoughts on the exhausts. My plan is supersprint header, hiflow cat and then the question comes as to supersprint or eisenman exhaust I like that eisenman it is stainless and I like the tip design of the dual round tips but the connection pipe doesn't replace the resonator on teh eisenman, so now do I go all supersprint or all eisenman and have a muffler shop fit in a hi flow resonator, or do I use eisenman rear section w/ a supersprint mid section that includes resonator. Or is there minimal benefits from the replacement of the resonator on the slk. Also, sound wise I am looking for the most agressive tone possible (no that doesn't mean rice rocket) but I would like as nice a grumble as I can get.
Thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2003, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've heard the Eisenmann Race on the slk230. It is loud. It didn't sound like a baffled ricer phart can though. It's a nice aggressive sound.

I am not sure what the resonator "does". I do know that the C7 c230s didn't come with one.

I don't like the supersprint look though.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:10 PM

2013 C350 Coupe 4matic
That slk with the Eisenmann race...did it have a resonator?
Old 04-22-2003, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't know. I noticed the tips on some random slk and jsut asked if it was Eisenmann or not. Didn't think to ask. I think the guys from Evosport (vadim) had mentioned something about the sound on the Eisenmann. They might know to resonate, or not. I think it simply effects the tone though.

Eisenmann does offer a "sound pipe" though right? Is that the resonator replacement?
Old 04-22-2003, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by nukblazi
Eisenmann does offer a "sound pipe" though right? Is that the resonator replacement?
Yes. The sound pipe replaces the resonator.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Lynn-

Does the resonator/ sound pipe increase or decrease db levels? Does it just change the exhaust note? Deeper sounds? What's the effect? Does it inhibit flow at all?
Old 04-23-2003, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The primary function of a resonator is to tune the exhaust note. Whether or not the exhaust note will be deeper when the resonator is removed depends on what the note sounded like to start with and the exhaust note the designer of the resonator was trying to achieve.

My C7 coupe does not have a resonator and it is slightly louder than the coupe with a resonator I had first. The exhaust note of the C7 car seems a little harsher, and maybe a tiny bit higher.

The resontator does inhibit flow, but I don't think removing it will show any results on the dyno.