Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

My experience with HPS!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL450
My experience with HPS!

I found the following statement made by HPS I didn't want this to get buried in a post, so I am posting it as a stand alone post.
These are just a few of my experiences with HPS.
I for one am sick and tired of there childish behavior on this forum. Not one supporting Vendor acts the way they do.
HPS continues to drag me into there problems. They continue to question my integrity.
I am here to set the story straight.
Read on! The truth is below.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Sleestack,

It wouldn’t be in our best interest to allow Evosport (A Kleemann distributor and competitor) run a dynamometer run on one of our supercharge vehicles. It would be very easy to manipulate the data and show low performance numbers, instantly discrediting our company.

This is very common in business; you never let a competitor test your products! Do you think Broadcom lets other test the efficient is one of their chips? No!

Point be made, the timster issue - timster (Kleemann owner / competitor) had a third party (Mustang ranch) dyno his CLK55 and he posted poor performance numbers on the all three forums. Even though those performance numbers were invalid, (Since the owner ran it the wrong gear) People assume our product is not efficient. (Even though I have a digital photo of a boost gauge in timster's CLK55 showing 4 pounds of boost.)

Another situation, when Kleemann offered to check out Timster’s car before installation of their supercharger system. Brandon I believed noted 5 to 6 problems due to HPS supercharger system. What's interesting here is I have an email in timsters files, which shows, his satisfaction once the supercharger was removed.

The point I'm making Sleestack, is that I don't trust my competitors at all! Because given the chance there will go to extreme measures to damage our company's reputation! It's competition.

It's sad but the automotive world is very cut-throat!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had to come back and read all the post and look at what I found.
A post that states my DYNO was done wrong! HMMM that just lights my fire!
Let’s see, did HPS contact the Mustang Ranch in Santa Clara to find out which gear my car was ran in? NO
I had the car dyno'd at the Mustang Ranch before I had any work done to he car. The numbers were inline with all the other CLK55 AMG's. I verified that with TopLine and a few others.
Once again Adam you don't know what your talking about!

Post the pictures of the 4lbs boost I want to see that!

An E-mail that states Timster was satisfied with the superchargers removal?

I never sent such an e-mail, if I did why don't you post it?

Once again I get pulled into a debt about the quality of an HPS product. I must be the only person in the world to have ever owned an HPS product and live to tell about it?

Why does this happen?

Because I am the only person to ever post any real facts about the HPS system. And every time I do I am called a lire by HPS [B/]

But yet they have [B] NO PROOF . I have no reason to lie, and you will never catch me in a lie, unlike some people.

For the most part I have avoided responding to most of the comments. (Except for the occasional poke just for fun).

HPS,
You asked for this!
And ADAM you weren’t there so you comments are invalid.

Here’s why I got rid of your product, and MONEY had nothing to do with it!

1. Your advertisement stated 9-12 hours to install.
(You took fourteen days)

2. Your people were the ones that offered a discount and asked me not to pay until I was satisfied. I said nothing!

3. Your people were the ones that told me that they would contact me in three weeks to see if I was happy with the Supercharger. But your people decided to contact an attorney and tried to sue me. Just two days after your people made the above comments.

4. After I had my attorney contact your attorney, your people contacted me and asked to see if we could settle this with out lawyers. You guys tried scare tactics but they didn’t work!
(I will post the letters from your lawyer and your business manager with dates to back it up if you question any of this! I’m sure your people do not want to get involved)

5. Your product does not work as advertised. (Plan an simple!)

6. Your product was not designed to fit into my car.

7. If it was then why did your engineer have to put felt on the finder of my car in three location to try and prevent vibration?

8. Why was it when your engineer hooked up a boost gauge we never saw more than 2.3lbs of boost, even though I hit red line three times, at speeds well above 100mph?

9. Why was it the first time your engineer hooked up his Boost gauge did it stop working?
(Because the Supercharger was to close to the finder and cut the hose in two pieces).

10. Why did my car run poorly in the rain?
(Because your fuel management doesn’t work. My car was starving for fuel, and I have the fuel curve to prove it!)

11. Why was it that my car smelled of exhaust fumes when parked in an enclosed area?
(Because you bi-pass valve did not work correctly and allowed exhaust fumes to build up and release after the car shut off.)

12. Why are there scratch marks in my engine bay where your Supercharger hit the body. (Because the parts where not Designed to fit a CLK55 AMG)

13. Your company made a promise to return my car to it's pre-HPS condition. So if you did than why were there outstanding problem. (Because you don't know what your doing!)

I have more but I’ll stop there.

Oh ya one more thing, Adam if you continue to make public comments about me and that I had alterative motives other than having your product installed on my vehicle. I will see to it that those comments will be stopped.

I truly hope that all this will stop. There is no need to go any farther. You will never redeem yourself in my eyes. Just face the facts your product didn’t work on my vehicle, because the design was not complete but you tried to sell it anyway.

I do not work for Kleemann, EVOsport or MBworld. I have not been nor will I ever be compensated by any of the above companies. My statements are based upon the events that happened over a four month period. (Everything I have stated above can be backed up with E-mails and Dyno charts)

Last edited by Timster; 04-29-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
I have edited this post only to add a few more tid bits.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:27 PM
CRB

And I heard that the Mustang Ranch had been closed down and sold by the government.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sour grapes Tim.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
thanks for sharing timster! very interesting.

Jerry
Old 04-30-2003, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry Timster, no one cares anymore. The "truth" by now is so damn convoluted that i'm going to avoid HPS AND Kleemann and rather purchase a supercharged AMG or biturbo MB in a few years.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by jl88
Sorry Timster, no one cares anymore. The "truth" by now is so damn convoluted that i'm going to avoid HPS AND Kleemann and rather purchase a supercharged AMG or biturbo MB in a few years.
Spoken like a true baller.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by jl88
jl88,
I'd have to disagree!
If you saw the e-mail list of people wanting me share my experiences with HPS, you and many others would be surprised.
You may not be interested and that's ok, but there are many others that are. (Withover 180 people viewing the post?)

Tim

Last edited by Timster; 04-30-2003 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Timster,

Good luck with your Kleemann supercharger system!
Adam,
Thank you that is very professional of you!
I will make you a deal. (Unless you have or plan to, take legal action)

That you never mention my name or forum name or reference to me in anyway, or the events previous that took place, in any posts or public gathering.
I will do the same.

Basically you stop talking about me and I will never post anything again about our past?

And we can go our separate ways.

Deal?

Tim
Old 04-30-2003, 09:16 PM

i want to see the letters!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:17 PM

Hank,

Do you still want us to supercharge your E500?
That's currently my plan. Let's talk offline.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Timster,

I mention in my past visit that there were no hard feelings and only wished the best of luck for you.

What's sad is after continued pleas from the both of us a few immature members have continued to press the issue and used your screen name as a tool to discredit or challenge our company in numerous threads. And I believe you can see it.

I feel the moderators approach “Free Speech” has really done a disservice to this forum. Instead of banning, terminating, or suspending members for violating the rules or our requests. They let these members run free and willing. I won’t mention any members, since a few will write 1-2 pages bashing our product. (Why did HPS delete the thread?)

Maybe you can ask the moderators for assistance? Banning, termination, and, etc., for members that continue to bring up either this issue or your name.

Yes, we had issues and they have been resolved and too bad it didn’t work out for the both of us.

Good luck with your Kleemann system!
Man, Adam WTF is up with you? You really want to keep these disagreements b/t me and you going don't you.? I certainly am not the one who keeps bringing up Timster's name. Hello, this thread was started b/c you chose to bring him up in a thread. Furthermore, I have tried to take these discussions b/t me and you in a different direction, yet you seem to want to keep bringing it back. You want the forum moderators to ban me because I ask you difficult questions? Instead of being a whining biatch, why don't you answer the questions.

1. I have offered to pay for a 3rd party comparative dyno b/t you and Kleemann. Given that I am only a member w/o any financial interest in the automotive industry, why have you not accepted? I'm sure many members would love to see this data.

2. Why did you try to sell a SC to a potential customer advertising a 3.8 0-60 time. We all know that is absurd. Do you have any data to prove it?

3. You threatened to call your lawyers on me for voicing my opinion. What was the basis of your threat? Why haven't I heard from your lawyers yet?

4. You SC sytem for the 55 puts out less power that my Kleemann SCed 4.3 was putting out. What's up with that?

5. You characterized your company as an "elite" tuner along with Brabus and Renntech? What experience or market share do you have to characterize your company in that way?

If anyone is doing a disservice to this forum it is you, a sponsor. Not only do you market yourself irresponsibly on this board, you fail to address questions posed to you and constantly skirt accountability. Furthermore you talk big, however, when someone actually asks you to put up or shut up, all you do is shut up.

I own several MBs and will own MBs for the rest of my life. I will always be involved in MB tuning projects as a customer. After the BS you keep blaming me for, I will be sure to let anyone with a listening ear know exactly what I think about HPS and why I didn't consider you as legitimate tuning alternative... unless they are looking for a second rate product of course.

Are you going to ask Timster to delete this thread "accidentally" too?

Last edited by Sleestack; 05-01-2003 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:20 PM

2005 SLK 55
..just when you thought...

Just when you thought it was safe......
Old 05-01-2003, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Hank
That's currently my plan. Let's talk offline.
you sure u want ur car ruined?
Old 05-01-2003, 03:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Originally posted by Sleestack

Sleestack,

I had a chance to drive a supercharge Kleemann SL500 Mercedes Benz in San Diego on Tuesday.

I will post my experience, which wasn’t that impressive. And why I feel our system is better fitted for the Mercedes Benz owner.

This is for Lucas or Brandon “Too rich?I think they will know what this mean.
adam, i say u stop trying to stir more crap up and goto work .... get ur self a better marketing personelle
Old 05-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Sleestack,

I had a chance to drive a supercharge Kleemann SL500 Mercedes Benz in San Diego on Tuesday.

I will post my experience, which wasn’t that impressive. And why I feel our system is better fitted for the Mercedes Benz owner.

This is for Lucas or Brandon “Too rich” I think they will know what this mean.
Adam-

I can hardly wait for your impressions of the car- we all wait with baited breath. Does this mean I can drive one of your modified cars and post "my experiences" too? Wont this be fun? Talk about a predictable waste of time.

You have driven countless standard SL's so you know what you are comparing against right? Please elaborate at any length you see fit as to why your system for the SL is better. Unless you plan on reloacting the SBC and ABS systems your cantilevered M90 has no place to live under the hood of an SL.

As for you not being impressed- well Im sure you know how I feel about that. Never the less- Mercedes Enthusiast , European Car and Mercedes Only magazines (to name a few) were all very impressed with the car.

Comments ranged from Ian Kua saying "... the best aftermarket supercharger system I have ever driven." To the countless praises afforded to the smooth power delivery, devistating top speed, silence of the system, factory appearence etc. Please feel free to go to our website ( http://www.kleemannusa.com )and view the "latest news" section where magazine reviews from around the world are there for your viewing.

As for your attempt at a sublte and cute comment about the running condition of the engine: that will be the day I take your "expertise" for anything other than fodder (which, in case you slept through English Lit, is cow food). The system is fully TUV approved to D4 emission standards in Europe (which is more stringent than ULEV in the USA currently as it applies to certian particulate matter). CARB testing is pending review. The last thing you will hear anyone complian about is running rich- its far safer than running lean, no?

You may have noticed that I have ceased to participate in any of the discussions HPS v KLEEMANN- I view my participation in these as an insane waste of my time. You refuse to answer simple questions, change the subject, bob, wave and genuflect your way around every scenario only to act like a spoiled child when the thread gets off track or too hot. It was my hope that being affrontive and pugilistic with you would have brought real explinations and answers about your product to the forum, but it hasnt. I certainly dont need the answers- but others may very well welcome some real tech talk about what you have to offer (other than that regurgitated vapid account of 4th gen, Magnusson etc). For example your "proprietary digital engine management system"- thats one fancy name for a SplitSecond PSC1-003 signal calibrator, or your "fuel management deivce" which looks all the world like a Jackson Racing RRFPR frokm a Civic SC kit.

Last edited by Brandon @ Kleemann; 05-01-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:52 PM

Adam

Some time ago I wrote you had an IQ like a door knob.

SORRY IT'S WAS A MISTAKE.

Your IQ is lower.

" Too Rich " , do you mean it's too much $$$$ for it or do you mean it running too rich ????.

I hope you mean the last, and I hope you are doing your home work at the moment.
Please try and challenge me on this one, I will pull your pants down so fast, that your pimples will shine on your a$$ and all will see how little you really know.

Last edited by Lucas; 05-01-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450

Are you going to ask Timster to delete this thread "accidentally" too?
I'm not going to delete this post, not even by accident.

My question to Adam was clear and a direct.

A simple “YES or NO” would have answered my question.
I even PM’d him to make sure he didn’t miss it.

Instead of letting things fall where they are, he chose to blame other people.
I guess he enjoys the arguments?
That’s too bad I was hoping things would turn in a different direction.
Tim
Old 05-01-2003, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sleestack,

This is for Lucas or Brandon “Too rich” I think they will know what this mean.
How does this answer any of my questions? Say what you want about my posts, however, I'm only a member and I at least take the time to respond to each question directed at me. You can give as all the subjective impressions that you want, however, a comparative dyno and track tests are the only real basis for objective comparison. You are not fooling anyone.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hello Timster,

I think we both have better things to do than point fingers at each other. Yes, we had some issues it was resolved. Let’s move on. It’s sad how others want to continue living in the path. But I guess that’s life.

Do you really think people are stupid enough to buy into this BS you are spewing out? The only reason I commented on this thread is because you decided to bring me into it. The only reason Kleemann got involved in this thread is because you brought them into it. In the end, you still haven't answered any of my questions, which is the real resolution to these issues. What is really sad is that someone with your business ethics is actually out there trying to convince people to put your product in their valuable cars.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Every tuner has un-happy customers, Renntech, Kleemann, ASP, just read the forums. It happens, things go wrong, fingers are pointed and people dwell on it for a long long time. Will it ever stop? No! Do you need permission from the tuner or forum moderators to whine about it? No. There's no need to get hostile.

Timster, sorry you had problems with you install but people make mistakes, you deal with it and move on. We can only hope that HPS learned from where they went wrong with their product, their procedures, their customer service and they have benefitted from this experience. That's what seperates the good companies from the bad.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Buellwinkle,
I couldn't agree with you more.
The past is the past, now for the next question?

Does anybody have any new toys, performance or otherwise?
I'm bored!
Tim
Old 05-01-2003, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Timster

Does anybody have any new toys, performance or otherwise?
I'm bored!
Tim
You're bored. Try driving a 4000 lb, 320hp (at best) Audi A6 4.2 every day while knowing that your real beast is waiting for you in pieces. With the AWD, I can't even get my Audi to burn any rubber off the line. Not a bad daily driver but certainly not high on the fun factor.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
You're bored. Try driving a 4000 lb, 320hp (at best) Audi A6 4.2 every day while knowing that your real beast is waiting for you in pieces. With the AWD, I can't even get my Audi to burn any rubber off the line. Not a bad daily driver but certainly not high on the fun factor.
I understand!
I bet it's kind of like driving my Denali, except it’s a little smaller.
I think I might have spring fever!
I’m sick of the rain, I need sun.
At least I don’t have to commute,
Tim

Last edited by Timster; 05-01-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow, even my 100HP Chevy S10 burns rubber and it's the slowest vehicle I've ever owned. It's easy, just get the cheapest skinniest tires and overfill them with air. I though about putting a turbo kit on it ($1,500 a bargain, even by HPS standards) but I think all that will happen is the tires will spin faster and I'll have to buy more cheap skinny tires.