Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Dyno Basics 101 -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Basics 101 -

All this talk on the board of Dyno charts and rwp etc., etc., etc. So what is everyone talking about?

I couldn't find the article online, but the May 2003 issue of Grassroots Motorsports Magzine has an article titled "Dyno Basics 101".

It's a good article that provides an excellent introduction in the dynamometer. The article goes into detail for those interested.

http://www.grmotorsports.com/

Sorry I can't scan and post the article, I am on dialup.

Thomas

Last edited by nukblazi; 05-06-2003 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Couldn't find the article!
Old 05-06-2003, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Timster
Couldn't find the article!
Yeah, sorry. The mag doesn't seem to put their articles online. Honestly, even if you don't give two terds about the rest of the content, the article is worth picking up the mag.

I tried finding something of similar context online but I couldn't find anything as clear and consice. This article even tickles the topics of wide and narrow band O2 sensors, Lambda readings, and A/F tuning.

Good reading if you want to keep up with what is going on in the SC debate threads, or if you wish to be able to begin to speak inteligently to the people you are consulting with about the modifications to your cars!

The mag is only $5 USD.

Note that you get charged per hour for dyno tuning. It wouldn't hurt to be able to consult with the Dyno tech about your expectations and goals. May save time and money.

Edit-- I also found good reading regarding wideband dyno tuning at www.hondata.com. It is a honda site but there are tech articles that relate to "the science of dyno tuning", the sensors, etc...

Last edited by nukblazi; 05-06-2003 at 04:51 AM.