Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

M111 engine work

Old 06-03-2003, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lucas
Do you have a problem with " A " on your computer ?????

If you want a lot of boost change the pistons to forged, you can use JE or what ever, inexpensive and strong.

You won't make a high rev. engine anyway, so putting in titanium rods ect.ect. will be a waiste of money.

BMW ran years back with a cast iron crank from a stock 318 IS in their 1500 HP 4 cyl F1 engine, you can with no trouble make over 400 HP with the 111 engine, if just you put in forged pistons.
A problem with " A " ? I don't follow?

Thank you for the response and sharing your knowledge.

Edit-- Lucus, I know sometimes you come off harsh but I can't for the life of me figure out why you give me an attitude. I hope I am mistaking but at least we are talking about some real work here.

I appreciate all of your input. Sincerely, but I am trying to pursue the things i enjoy, while hopefully getting ready for my car to be the way I want it.

Manley got back to me. They said they can't make the pistons or crack rods. No reason given despite being asked twice.

Brandon, I will email you a fax number later today. Could you give me the push rods, springs, valve, and retainer specs?

Thanks. It is my car, I should be able to look into what I want to look into for it if I want to right? I have the right to seek input and advice from multiple sources right?

Last edited by nukblazi; 06-03-2003 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:42 AM

You just spell Lucas with U instead of A repetable, and the I saw another spelling with U where it should be A, I just figured that A is not working on your keyboard, that's all. .

It's a free world, you can do to your car what you want, just bear in mind that some of us have spend half our life trying what you are dreaming of, and know it won't work the way you hope it will.
Take the advise we give or not, your choice .
Old 06-06-2003, 01:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
This is not that hard a project to make 300 HP from the M111.

This is about two things, airflow and reliability

Reliability comes first:
Start with the pistons and rings. I recommend Ross or JE Pistons, Ross make pistons for turbocharged rice rockets or any size you want. Try at www.rosspistons.com
JE at www.jepistons.com
Arias Pistons at www.ariaspistons.com
One of these will make the pistons and pins for you.

Then get the pistons thermal barrier coated with Swains Gold coating to reduce the chance of knock at high boost pressure. www.swaintech.com

Get better rods at Pauter, www.pauter or Hank the Crank at www.hankthecrank.com
Forged steel rods are all you need to make 300HP. Spend the money on the supercharger.

AIRFLOW

A larger supercharger like an Eaton M60 or Jackson
www.jacksonracing.com

Blitz Supercharger www.blitz-na.com

Better flowing cylinder heads, port and polish head
Better valves, Ferrea Racing www.ferrea.com

A 3.5 or 4 inch cold air inlet system to whatever supercharger you use.

At least 2.5 inch tubing from the supercharger to the IC and back to a larger MASS air flow meter. Dinian does this all the time with supercharged BMWs.

A much better IC like what is on the Subaru’s like what I have posted photos of, at least 2.5 inch in and out.

ECU work and probably larger flowing injectors, all match flowed.

Get rid of the catalytic converter, resonator and get a better muffler.

With 15 PSI boost you should get 250 HP
With 17—20 PSI boost you should get more than 300 HP
Old 06-06-2003, 05:44 PM

With all that ****, I would be disapointed not to reach 4-500 HP.

It's shooting way over the goal for "only" 300 HP, and it will be a 30-40.000,00 $ engine, with a risk of breaking down each second,
because you will have 10 different suppliers, who will point fingers at another if something goes wrong ( and it will ).
Trust me on this one, I have years back been involved in BMW 325 I turbo projects, where we pulled out 550-600 HP from a 2,5 in line 6 cyl., ceramic coating on the pistons ect.ect., and it goes wrong, very wrong in just a split second if just the smallest detail isn't 100 %.
( by the way, it ran OE rods and crank, no problem )
Old 06-06-2003, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
It costs money to go fast.

Start with the pistons and rings. About $600 -800
Then get the pistons thermal barrier coated with Swains Gold coating to reduce the chance of knock at high boost pressure. www.swaintech.com Another $200

Forged steel rods are all you need to make 300HP. Spend the money on the supercharger. Another $600

AIRFLOW

A larger supercharger like an Eaton M60 or Jackson
www.jacksonracing.com
Another $2000

Better flowing cylinder heads, port and polish head
Better valves, Ferrea Racing www.ferrea.com
Try using stock with hogher boost $0

A 3.5 or 4 inch cold air inlet system to whatever supercharger you use. About $200

At least 2.5 inch tubing from the supercharger to the IC and back to a larger MASS air flow meter. Dinian does this all the time with supercharged BMWs. About $200 using Rice rocket parts

A much better IC like what is on the Subaru’s like what I have posted photos of, at least 2.5 inch in and out.
About $1000

ECU work and probably larger flowing injectors, all match flowed.
Another $1000

Get rid of the catalytic converter, resonator and get a better muffler. Another $1000

Heck they are getting 500HP out of a trubo Ford Focus engine at 1800 cc. 300 HP can be obtained with reliability.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Lucas
You just spell Lucas with U instead of A repetable, and the I saw another spelling with U where it should be A, I just figured that A is not working on your keyboard, that's all. .

It's a free world, you can do to your car what you want, just bear in mind that some of us have spend half our life trying what you are dreaming of, and know it won't work the way you hope it will.
Take the advise we give or not, your choice .
Lucus, sorry about fuggin up your name. I usually am writing these posts at "way beyond tired." Without you including context it just seemed like random attitude, or just condecending.

I acknowledged your experience. I acknowledged the benefit of it. Like I had said, even though there is the clear benefit of being able to take the advice of someone with you experience, it is also just as boring to just do what you say. What would I be learning if I don't wast money and I don't make mistakes and if things don't go wrong? If I worked for you then I would take your advice 100%. Are you hiring?

breastroker, thanks for the links.

Lucas, joking about your name... I thought it was funny.

Last edited by nukblazi; 06-07-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:33 AM

W210 E230
hello nukblazi

hows your car now? able to boost the HP u wanted?
Please share of your project, i believe it was on a 2.3 NA right?

what did you upgrade over all?

Thanks your input
Old 08-19-2015, 12:35 AM

W210 E230
Originally Posted by nukblazi
Lucus, sorry about fuggin up your name. I usually am writing these posts at "way beyond tired." Without you including context it just seemed like random attitude, or just condecending.

I acknowledged your experience. I acknowledged the benefit of it. Like I had said, even though there is the clear benefit of being able to take the advice of someone with you experience, it is also just as boring to just do what you say. What would I be learning if I don't wast money and I don't make mistakes and if things don't go wrong? If I worked for you then I would take your advice 100%. Are you hiring?

breastroker, thanks for the links.

Lucas, joking about your name... I thought it was funny.

hello nukblazi

hows your car now? able to boost the HP u wanted?
Please share of your project, i believe it was on a 2.3 NA right?

what did you upgrade over all?

Thanks your input