Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

I blew my E55 Engine!!! [Video}

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R170
Originally posted by nukblazi

My dealer replaced my diff three times all the while saying that my RA-1s were too sticky and my clutch/flywheel too harsh.
You've had your diff replaced three times?? All after the kleemann setup were installed I presume. What's kleemann's take on this?
Old 01-03-2004, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dave OH
You've had your diff replaced three times?? All after the kleemann setup were installed I presume. What's kleemann's take on this?
Don't be so quick to jump...

Remember I admittingly beat the ever loving **** out of my car, track days and auto cross. After the last auto cross, I started to hear a funny "thud" coming from the diff that eventually turned into a grind and whine. I broke some teeth off of the pinion gear.

The dealer replaced the original diff and forgot to install the vent tube on diff #2. Diff #2 pressurized and blew the seals on the way home. Diff #2 was replaced with diff #3.

Something felt off with diff #3. The dealer installed a different geared rear-end. Now I am on diff #4 and I can spin tires through third gear without fear.

The KLEEMANN guys were very helpful in assisting me in diagnosing the problem to present to the dealer without being harassed about the mods. The dealership started with the BS and I was able to tell them why I thought different.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nukblazi
The KLEEMANN guys were very helpful in assisting me in diagnosing the problem to present to the dealer without being harassed about the mods. The dealership started with the BS and I was able to tell them why I thought different.
Holy Smokes, Nuk's still around!

Does the dealer give any trouble about your auto-X, etc? [Also, how would they expect you to believe their line when they can't even do their own job without screwing up? ]
Old 01-03-2004, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah-

I'll be around a lot more often soon. Limited access to a PC and I moved to MD, new obligations etc...

check the W203 forum for a post of what I am about to do, etc... Good to see we are all still just wrecking stuff and all.

The dealership Service Managers want to know if I want to be a mechanic and the Shop Foreman wanted my nuts on a plate. He was pissed off, but forced to suck it up. wha'can'u'do?
Old 04-27-2004, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Look what I found on ebay....coincidence?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42611
Old 04-27-2004, 02:29 PM

1995 Ferrari Spider, Porsche 911 Turbo,01 Hayabusa, 01- E55
looks like a good deal ;-)
turn your 500 into an AMG 55!!
Old 04-27-2004, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally posted by Autostream
looks like a good deal ;-)
turn your 500 into an AMG 55!!
Your old one?
Old 04-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Almost a Member!

'99 C280
As a parts and service person I'll try to lend some insite instead of adding to the flaming. I'm new here so it's not my place.

Any time we see a possible engine job come through the service drive our mouth just waters. We love them. They're a quick way for us to make some good money. Warranty or not. Problem with warranty is that the dealer has to prove to the manufacture why it failed. In some cases they may need to return the engine assembly back for inspection. I don't know what MB requires but from what I've seen if it's a common problem with a certain engine blowing they tend to take the dealers word for it and have them slap another one in and dispose of the failed unit.
We've done some questonable repairs in the past. We've seen some jobs come through so obivous of neglect. But what helps us in that decision are a few things: Is it a regular customer? Was the customer demanding, abrasive or just an ***? Will they return if we do them the "favor"?
My guess is that MB isn't gonna look the other way on a engine job that will cost them 20-25k+ (my guess). I had worked for a Dodge dealer and Viper V10 engine replacements were common but the engines were required to be returned.
The service department has to make a judgement call sometimes. Was it due to neglect? Modification? Have they replaced too many that a red flag will go up at the factory? The worse thing a service department can go through is a warranty audit. And from what I have heard from MB service employees is that MB does them quite often.
Should the dealer prove to you that modifications where the cause of the damage? Yes, but if they do prove it will you play for the tear down? I'm sure they're not gonna do it for nothing. You may want to make that offer to them.

I'd express my opinion but I'm just a newbie here
Old 04-29-2004, 09:46 PM

2004 CLK320
Angry

I object...the post above is 'way too level-headed, too full of good relevant information from a reliable source. This thread just does not deserve posts of this quality! I demand that the poster remove it at once!
Old 04-30-2004, 12:41 AM

2001 CLK 430 Silver
Good post
Old 05-03-2004, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C 320 CDI 4M W204 / C43 AMG (W202) / C 220 CDI T (S203) / ZX-10R Ninja
Damn I can't download the video from this site
Old 05-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Banned

BS
autostream, you are truly a joke buddy. You expect to SC and bore out an engine, blow it up because you drive like an immature *****, then take all of your modifications off and bring it to a Mercedes Dealership, try to get them to warranty something because you are at fault and too cheap to pay for your mistakes, then have the nerve to try to sue your dealership and MBUSA?

Well first off, good luck with the suing, I am sure that will go over REAL well..HAHA

I see crap like this weekly in my line of work, and you know how many people will actually win a lawsuit over a modded blown engine against a reputable Car Name? 0%, or maybe 2% if your lucky, but you wont be .

You just need to fess up to your mistakes, grow up a little bit, stop trying to be a bada$$ with your streetracing monster, buy a 98 Civic hatchback, bore it out, slap some turbo BS on it, funnel some beer and do 360's all over NY ok? Then bring it here to me in Florida so I can wax your A$$ in my +5000 pound SUV, without blowing my FI motor. Let me know how that goes, FRAUDBOY

Last edited by RENNTECH36; 05-04-2004 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:53 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
wow renntech36, calm down haha. But what you are saying is very true~! But Calm down hehe.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
I'm in FL...you close to orlando?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Old 05-11-2004, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by RENNTECH36
autostream, you are truly a joke buddy. You expect to SC and bore out an engine, blow it up because you drive like an immature *****, ...
you are lucky you can say that to me while hiding behind your computer.

FYI - the oil pump picked a bad time to fail. The oil pump was not modified in any way and therefore covered under warranty. A chain of reactions then caused the engine to fail due to a defect in Mercedes workmanship. AMG makes E55 specific oil pumps and are different from non-amg's.
My gripe with the ****ty MB service is that they just opened the hood and said no. It wasnt a matter of them trying to blame it on me, its just their unwritten policy to deny all large claims until someone serves them.

btw genius, my car dynoed at 450hp. thats only 30% more hp. That's not asking a lot for a big V8 to handle. How many cars on this board are S/C'd? I read around here before I got my car and no one had any problems.

ps. i'm immature because of 'the way i drive' but you 'waxing my a$$' is mature? come on guy
Old 05-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Banned

BS
iosmart- Jacksonville FL, so like 2 hours away

well tough guy, if you would like my address and phone number, you can gladly have it. If you are ever in Jacksonville you can feel more than welcome to stop by.

Regardless of how immature you say I am, I will NEVER reach a point even minutely close to where I have to try to be cool and shotgun beers than do 360's in my vehicle.

I dont really care what you do, but all I am saying is that you are a THIEF, a LIAR, and quite basically, I hope your fuc**ng car blows up! Hey that was a pretty immature post ..

Oh and by the way, I will make sure at lunch today that MBUSA gets a full print out of this thread, so when you go to court and say your car was stock, you can always think, "that motherf***er from Florida screwed me over! YAA Jacka$$
Old 05-12-2004, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
renntech - cool, i'll letcha know if i'm going around there
Old 05-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Banned

BS
anytime man!

ill also get you my number if you ever come around here i can show you around.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:25 AM

Tuned CLK (W209)
@ RENNTECH36

Dude... you have to relax. Just take a deep breath and let` s start again to conversate like civilized people.
I think you work for a Mercedes Benz dealerhip. If it` s true i understand your reaction. But you can exress your opinion in a better way.

I really don`t understand why you got problem with people doing donuts, burnouts, etc. I feel good and i like it, so i do it!

Most people on mbworld.org have modified their cars. I did it too. Autostream too...
If something` s going wrong we scr**ed!! We have no warranty and we have to pay a lot of money to repair our cars!!
Autostream supports that the oil pump didn` t work. So he blew the engine, because of oil pump` s failure. Why should he pay 10 or more grand, `cause a 10bucks pump didn` t work?
So i hope our friend find a solution with his blown engine and all people have a nice day.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:40 PM

i wish it was about being cool, but it was a movie. Funneling beers and then doing a 50mph 360 while staying in one lane was part of the script which I wrote and also performed. it was mostly work and only a little bit of fun considering that you need a manual gearbox and a handbrake to perform that stunt and both of which, my car was lacking. suffice to say it wasnt easy.

and my amg has a new engine in it which is why I am free to discuss. so do and think whatever you want, its a free country.

glad to see the dvd made it all the way to florida. If anyone wants to see the trailer I still have it hosted. And theres a new 'directors' version out now with added scenes
Old 05-18-2004, 02:16 AM

Originally posted by ntamp
@ RENNTECH36

Autostream supports that the oil pump didn` t work. So he blew the engine, because of oil pump` s failure. Why should he pay 10 or more grand, `cause a 10bucks pump didn` t work?
So i hope our friend find a solution with his blown engine and all people have a nice day.

One can "support" whatever it is he supports, however you bring your car to the MB dealership and I'm sure that its pretty much clear that whatever Autostreem "supports" is called lotsa BS and not non working pump.
Anyways, why come and continue arguing here for such a long time? NONE of us will PAY for his engine to be replaced----isnt his time better spent arguing at the dealership because that is the only place that will replace his engine after he pays for it of cause.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:24 AM

Originally posted by RENNTECH36

Oh and by the way, I will make sure at lunch today that MBUSA gets a full print out of this thread, so when you go to court and say your car was stock, you can always think, "that motherf***er from Florida screwed me over! YAA Jacka$$

I once did just that and it felt good.
*** a holes. This clown has been spilling his story here for month--------why doesnt he go and solve it at hte dealership? He knows he will get nothing from Dealership so all is left to do is to put out here lots and lots of hot air for hte young guns of htis forum.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
Here is your engine ; might fit ?

Click me
Old 05-26-2004, 06:28 AM

for whatever happend i can only say he modded, he ran and he never gave a **** about whatever could happen

JUST ONE OF THE FEW REAL DRIVERS IN THE FORUM

you got ***** bro, stainless steel ones

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I blew my E55 Engine!!! [Video}