Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Dumb ??? on kleemann pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Dumb ??? on kleemann pulley

I am a new member here and really like/trust what I have been reading. I have owned my 99' C230 Kompressor Sport for almost a year now and love it. Most of the snow is gone here and I have been driving it around and find myslef seeking more HP/TRQ.

I have purchased a Kleemann pulley kit and a K&N filter to start. Here comes the dumb question. I am about to install the kit this weekend and have read the directions a few times now. The directions call for four set screws to be tightened very well. I have looked over both pulleys and they are the rights ones. However, when I look at my engine I cannot see into the crank pulley center due to the engine fan/shroud and cannot reach to feel either until I disassemble. I was curious as to if the "four set screws" are within a collar of some sort which holds the pulley on the crank.

Basically I'm curious as to how the crank pulley is currently intalled on the vehicle. I want to understand the system and pulley kit fully before attempting install. I have worked on numerous muscle cars but this is my first forced induction/forgein auto prodject.

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: Dumb ??? on kleemann pulley

Originally posted by NitrogenBalance
I am a new member here and really like/trust what I have been reading. I have owned my 99' C230 Kompressor Sport for almost a year now and love it. Most of the snow is gone here and I have been driving it around and find myslef seeking more HP/TRQ.

I have purchased a Kleemann pulley kit and a K&N filter to start. Here comes the dumb question. I am about to install the kit this weekend and have read the directions a few times now. The directions call for four set screws to be tightened very well. I have looked over both pulleys and they are the rights ones. However, when I look at my engine I cannot see into the crank pulley center due to the engine fan/shroud and cannot reach to feel either until I disassemble. I was curious as to if the "four set screws" are within a collar of some sort which holds the pulley on the crank.

Basically I'm curious as to how the crank pulley is currently intalled on the vehicle. I want to understand the system and pulley kit fully before attempting install. I have worked on numerous muscle cars but this is my first forced induction/forgein auto prodject.

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!
The Four SET screws are for the KLEEMANN Ring NOT The ALLOY Pulley..
The RING slips over the STOCK crank pulley and Locked in with the set screws
The Alloy Pulley replaces the STOCK Pulley
Two Different types of set up