Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Renncpe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML55 AMG
Question Renncpe

I took my 2002 ml55 in this morning for service and asked them to change the fuel management settings. They told me they could not do it because it was against the law (They said it violated federal emmissions standards). Is this true? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:47 PM

w203 c230K 2002
Re: Renncpe

Originally posted by ML55 AMG
I took my 2002 ml55 in this morning for service and asked them to change the fuel management settings. They told me they could not do it because it was against the law (They said it violated federal emmissions standards). Is this true? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
I have never heard that one before! I will have to add it to the other stupid things a Mercedes Service Center has told a customer. Did you talk to a service writer or a tech, I have found thet the techs are much more helpful that services writers when it comes to makeing changes to things. Were do you live? I might be able to point the way to a shop that is not so closed minded, to the customers needs.

Randy
Old 04-09-2002, 09:17 AM

ML55 AMG
Fuel Re-map

I live in Houston. This particular dealership also said that they were trying to work up a collaboration with Renntech but that MBUSA has shut it down. I am surprized because you made a stop at this same dealership when you came through Houston a few months ago. I would certainly appreciate it if you could recommend somewhere/someone.

In fact, my car is still in service so if you could recommend someone to talk with I would appreciate it. That way I don't have to take it back in. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:43 PM

2002 E55
ML55 AMG,

What was the dealership?
Old 04-09-2002, 10:08 PM

w203 c230K 2002
Re: Fuel Re-map

Originally posted by ML55 AMG
I live in Houston. This particular dealership also said that they were trying to work up a collaboration with Renntech but that MBUSA has shut it down. I am surprized because you made a stop at this same dealership when you came through Houston a few months ago. I would certainly appreciate it if you could recommend somewhere/someone.

In fact, my car is still in service so if you could recommend someone to talk with I would appreciate it. That way I don't have to take it back in. Thanks.
What is the dealer that MB stoped the Renntech mods?
Randy
Old 04-13-2002, 04:13 PM

clk 430 Black Coupe
I line in Houstn too...which dealer will

tweak this feature? I bought my car from MB North...I'm taking it in next week for a creaky seat..creaks/flexes on accellration, over speed bums etc. I'll ask them if they will do it when I take it and report back.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Yes, please let us know, because MB Greenway Plaza did not want to do it!

Thanks in advanced