Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KLEEMANN and mbtech208...............................

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
KLEEMANN and mbtech208...............................

Isn't ok to use Bosch platinum +4 in an Slk 230. I know in the past, they said to never use platinum plug in an Supercharger/turbo car because of the heat it create. Is funny that one day i went into a Bmw and Mercedes parts store and asked for factory Bosch plug for my Slk 230. They then give me the Bosch Platinum +4 and said that is all they carry for my car. On the box, it warrantee to feel the power or 100% money back!! Even those i know that not suppose to use platinum on my car but i decided to try it out anyway. And to my surprised, the engine idle smoother and the throttle is very responsive. I took it out after two week because this thing in my head keep telling me to remove it. So i did !! Now i'm not really happy with the factory super Bosch plug. I want to go back to Bosch Platinum +4 !!! Should i, KLEEMANN and mbtech208? Btw, www.bosch.com also only show the Platinum +4 for my Slk 230. Since Bosch is OEM for Mercede, then i would think it ok to use platinum +4 in my car, right? Please help. Kleemann, i think you would say NO" because you guy recommend using colder plug with the pulley upgrade.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOSCH plus 4's

The Plus 4 plugs can provide some benfit- 4 elctrodes provide three more pathways to ground over a standard plug. Electricity will take the path of least resistance, these plugs are standard issue on many OEM vehicles.

Standard one electrode platinum plugs have a very thin electrode. Elevated heat and pressure inside the combustion chamber require higher ionization current to make a spark. This can erode the platinum plugs.

Reducing the heat range eliminates a potential source of pre-ignition. If you can feel a difference and dont have any detonation problems use these plugs.

We provide plugs for the worst case scenario- 85 octane, 100F ambient and no airflow over the IC.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Thank you Kleemann for the responsed. Btw, what's the retail for the 1999 Slk 230 pulley kit minus the MAS relocation kit? Why don't you have retailer in San Diego?