Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

ESS Tuning M156 Supercharger in CLS 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG
ESS Tuning M156 Supercharger in CLS 63

Hello all. A little new to AMG’s. Have a 2007 CLS 63 W219 for about 6 months now and have done a few upgrades (Long tubes, X pipe, cat/resonator delete, Weistec stage 2 tune). Love the car but wanting to step up to a supercharger and have been looking at the ESS Tuning M156. I’m not a racer and wouldn’t see any drag strip use, only looking to boost performance a bit more.

I inquired about the system at ESS and told them what car I have, this a was their reply:

We only offer this kit for the C63, but many people have adapted them for other platforms. We do not support that though, so install will be at your own risk.

So my question is what exactly would I need to do to use this supercharger on my car? What would be the differences and changes of the install I would need to do? Or physically would everything be the same and only need a different tune since the factory is for C63 not the CLS 63?

Which brings me to another question, if I’m going to need a different tune, where would be a good place to have this done somewhat relative to my location in southern West Virginia? Really no choices locally for me on that.

Thank you for any input of insight to my questions. I figure this would be the best place to ask. I’ve searched quite a bit but haven’t found anything much related to this other than the ESS install thread.
Old 07-30-2023, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 W212 E63
Did you eventually get the ESS kit on your CLS 63? If so how did the install go?

Regards

Kamal

Originally Posted by Pitbill
Hello all. A little new to AMG’s. Have a 2007 CLS 63 W219 for about 6 months now and have done a few upgrades (Long tubes, X pipe, cat/resonator delete, Weistec stage 2 tune). Love the car but wanting to step up to a supercharger and have been looking at the ESS Tuning M156. I’m not a racer and wouldn’t see any drag strip use, only looking to boost performance a bit more.

I inquired about the system at ESS and told them what car I have, this a was their reply:

We only offer this kit for the C63, but many people have adapted them for other platforms. We do not support that though, so install will be at your own risk.

So my question is what exactly would I need to do to use this supercharger on my car? What would be the differences and changes of the install I would need to do? Or physically would everything be the same and only need a different tune since the factory is for C63 not the CLS 63?

Which brings me to another question, if I’m going to need a different tune, where would be a good place to have this done somewhat relative to my location in southern West Virginia? Really no choices locally for me on that.

Thank you for any input of insight to my questions. I figure this would be the best place to ask. I’ve searched quite a bit but haven’t found anything much related to this other than the ESS install thread.