Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Anyone have a vaporjet system.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 s2000
Anyone have a vaporjet system.

Has anyone every heard of a vaporjet system. Does it really work? And is it worth it?
Old 09-28-2004, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by yellowslk
Has anyone every heard of a vaporjet system. Does it really work? And is it worth it?
Is that anything like water injection (Aquamist)?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:11 PM

2006 s2000
yeah something like that. Do you know anyone who use it. Or heard anything.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:00 AM

What are you trying to accomplish? I dont think that you will see any gains at all on our cars, just my opinion.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:00 AM

2006 s2000
I started wondering about it. Because I wanted to find a way to let my engine run cooler.

The main function of this vapor jet is: a thin mist of water vapour passes into the inlet manifold, via the fuel regulator. This produces a more efficient burn in the cylinders, resulting in the ECU increasing fuelling, giving more power. Secondly it can reduce the chances of detonation by spraying cool water into the cylinders - ideal for Fuel Injection and Carburettor vehicles. As for Turbocharged vehicles, they would need to use a one-way valve to connect to the air intake of the inlet manifold. For best results, use nine parts water to one part methanol or 100% alcohol. The other feature of this 2nd generation version is its clear bottle so you can detect the water level easily and see how the vapor jet in action.

Check out this link I found about it.
http://www.invoauto.co.uk/Products/W..._vapor_jet.htm

Let me know what you guy think.

Last edited by yellowslk; 09-29-2004 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Yep, I used to mess around with this stuff on my (sold) 1993 Turbo Saab and
was thinking of it for my 2003 VW GTI Turbo. I think the Mitsubishi EVO and
one of the Suburu models use one of these. As for the Benz (at least mine),
saving the money for a supercharger.

Originally Posted by yellowslk
I started wondering about it. Because I wanted to find a way to let my engine run cooler.

The main function of this vapor jet is: a thin mist of water vapour passes into the inlet manifold, via the fuel regulator. This produces a more efficient burn in the cylinders, resulting in the ECU increasing fuelling, giving more power. Secondly it can reduce the chances of detonation by spraying cool water into the cylinders - ideal for Fuel Injection and Carburettor vehicles. As for Turbocharged vehicles, they would need to use a one-way valve to connect to the air intake of the inlet manifold. For best results, use nine parts water to one part methanol or 100% alcohol. The other feature of this 2nd generation version is its clear bottle so you can detect the water level easily and see how the vapor jet in action.

Check out this link I found about it.
http://www.invoauto.co.uk/Products/W..._vapor_jet.htm

Let me know what you guy think.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:04 PM

a Black
these are a way to make the air cold for your intake right? I have seen them before for Mini's and others. In theory they should work, but at what $$$ cost and is it really worth any cost...after-all it is only summer a few months a year