Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

RENNtech intermediate boost/hp/tq question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500 Wagon
RENNtech intermediate boost/hp/tq question

Hi all! I have a 2020 W205 (C63S) that I recently installed the RENNtech intermediate tune onto via HHT. I live in Colorado and that seemed like the best option with our altitude and 91 gas

i also have a digital dash in the car, and one of the screens displays boost, hp, and tq

My question is: When accelerating, I am seeing lower numbers for hp and tq than I did prior to the tune. Whereas I might previously see the full 516 lbft of tq on the dash, now it seems to top out at around 450. I see similar numbers from the hp readout. Is this normal? Does the RENNtech tune mess with the numbers going to the gauges, and so I’m getting more power than indicated? Or did I really lose power from this tune?

i guess I can ask these questions of RENNtech, or throw the car on a dyno but you guys know a lot so I figured I’d try here first I’m also going to swap back to the stock tune and see what my butt dyno says