Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Please help me make a final decision??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E430
Please help me make a final decision??

I'm in a dilema! I been reading alot of comments in regards to the E-Class suspension. And I really can't decide what to get! Price/performance...etc....I'm lost!

I know everyone tells me Eibach's quality has gone down, but I can get the Pro-Damper kit for $195!!! Know someone that works in the management of Eibach.

H&R Cup Kit, sounds like a really nice option too, but I haven't heard anyone in this forum about how well they handle, and from what I understand it relatively new for the E Class. My price $590

H&R Spring with Koni Adjustable. Great combination, and Evosport recommends them, however the "adjustability" require the removal of the shock, which to me seems pointless for adjustability. Why can't they make the knob shock for the car! Gosh! Koni has an awesome reputation in the racing arena, can't go wrong with Koni. Anyway, my price $570

What to do! What to DO!
Old 05-25-2002, 09:48 AM
Almost a Member!

99 slk230
I"ve heard the cup kit is really good if you order it with the appropriate shocks from h&r. Once again I have only heard this from the rice scene and haven't heard anything about it fromt he euro scene. But from what I hear it is the best set up short of spending a couple grand on a full suspension which I don't even think is an option for mb's I haven't scene a company that makes a full setup.
Old 05-25-2002, 01:45 PM

98 E430
Originally posted by countrybumkin
I"ve heard the cup kit is really good if you order it with the appropriate shocks from h&r. Once again I have only heard this from the rice scene and haven't heard anything about it fromt he euro scene. But from what I hear it is the best set up short of spending a couple grand on a full suspension which I don't even think is an option for mb's I haven't scene a company that makes a full setup.
I believe the cup kit comes with the shocks and spring. I am not sure what type of shock it is.

There are full suspension kits for Benz, just not for the "Luxory" models. It seems they have alot of high-performance upgrade for the C-Class, CLK, SLK.

Anyone else want to comment on the shocks?