Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Part 2: Kleemann "ring" pulley install..................

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole pulley issue has gotten quite complicated I suppose- what year gets what pulley, alloy vs. ring. If I take a step back I can see the confusion. Sometimes one can loose objectivity when one deals with the products every day for years.

Written email does nothing for conveying thoughts like real voices. My apologies to anyone who was insulted or felt otherwise attacked by my postings.

As for not saying anything about pinging or any other issues- I can appriciate your motives for not doing so. Ultimately, however, it is not productive- it is much better to have an open, honest discussion. These issues will be resolved with getting you the correct part.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Kleemann alloy pulley must be different from the pre-2k to the newer ones otherwise they would have it on the market long ago. Is it just pulley diameter that's different or is the way it fits on the crankshaft different?
Old 05-28-2002, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The S/C belt on an older SLK vs. the newer SLK or C-Coupe is smaller by .9" in according to Gates. Does this mean that the belt Linh is using is too large since it's made for the newer motor or does the tensioner take up that much slack?