Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Coilover Kits and Exhaust Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55
Coilover Kits and Exhaust Upgrades

Hey All....

I have a 98 SLK230 Kompressor and looking to get some coilovers and an exhaust for it...

I am looking into the Super Sprint Exhaust but have no CLUE on what coilover kits to get.....

Any help would be great!
Old 12-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Choosing a coilover kit for the SLK is easy; there aren't any! Unfortunately, with the only recent growth in performance interest for the Mercedes market, in relation to the vast amount of performance interest for other automobile manufacturers, most suspension companies have not developed more than springs and shocks for the Mercedes (with exception being the w203/w209 platforms).

That being said, with the remaining options available for your car, you are probably best off changing your springs and shocks to a H&R/Bilstein combination. If I remember correctly, one of the swaybars (don't think it is both) is the same as the SLK32, leaving one available for upgrade as well.

Based on my experience, I have found the Supersprint Exhaust to be the best in regards to quality, fit and finish for the SLK. You can't go wrong with it.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230K
Hi,
My experience is that the ROMULUS (REMUS specific for SLK) exhaust is very good!!!!!!

the kit...well... a H&R / eibach it's good. (i'm planning do the upgrade!)