Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Price for AMG bobykit and rim in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C320
Price for AMG bobykit and rim in Hong Kong

Folks,

Speedline (ZF) offer me my W203, C320 upgrade

AMG boby kit HK$31000
18" AMG style IV with Pilot Sport2 HK$19000

Is that reasonable?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2004, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by yachtie
Folks,

Speedline (ZF) offer me my W203, C320 upgrade

AMG boby kit HK$31000
18" AMG style IV with Pilot Sport2 HK$19000

Is that reasonable?

Thanks
That's crazy! Take at least 20-30% off that from non-ZF dealers. Is the body kit inclusive of painting and installations? If not, take even more off that.

Don't forget you'll also need exhausts and new suspension for to look complete, on the outside at least - that's easily another 10+K.

P.S. Will Speedline trade-in your OEM wheels? I don't think they normally do....and that's also another drawback of getting wheels from them.

Last edited by Whitey; 12-21-2004 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:56 AM

02' C320
Originally Posted by Whitey
That's crazy! Take at least 20-30% off that from non-ZF dealers. Is the body kit inclusive of painting and installations? If not, take even more off that.

Don't forget you'll also need exhausts and new suspension for to look complete, on the outside at least - that's easily another 10+K.

P.S. Will Speedline trade-in your OEM wheels? I don't think they normally do....and that's also another drawback of getting wheels from them.
The total HK$50k includes bodykit, 4 rim+PS2, installation and painting and the exhausts (no suspension). My wheels is 2 yr old and they don't trade-in for it.

Any other dealer has good reputation that I can try?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
The total HK$50k includes bodykit, 4 rim+PS2, installation and painting and the exhausts (no suspension). My wheels is 2 yr old and they don't trade-in for it.

Any other dealer has good reputation that I can try?
If it includes the AMG exhausts (around 6-7K normally), painting and installation, its not a bad deal afterall.

Yes there are a few (not many) others you can try. I defintiely can get accurate pricing on the wheels and tires, with a trade in of the OEM wheels (what condition are they in btw?). Can also ask about the body kit if you like. To complete the look, some lowering springs are all you need, they're around 3-4K, fully installed, normally, depending on the brand. If you are serious about modifying, feel free to email me (click on my profile and you can use the Email function there) and I can easily find out.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:27 AM

02' C320
Originally Posted by Whitey
If it includes the AMG exhausts (around 6-7K normally), painting and installation, its not a bad deal afterall.

Yes there are a few (not many) others you can try. I defintiely can get accurate pricing on the wheels and tires, with a trade in of the OEM wheels (what condition are they in btw?). Can also ask about the body kit if you like. To complete the look, some lowering springs are all you need, they're around 3-4K, fully installed, normally, depending on the brand. If you are serious about modifying, feel free to email me (click on my profile and you can use the Email function there) and I can easily find out.
Thanks Whitey, if I decide to upgrade, I will email you for more details. In fact, I am thinking to trade-in my C320 for CLS but while waiting, I may think of upgrade the C320.......Now I learnt that it may not be a good move, better trade the un-mod C320. If I upgrade, I may want to keep the C320 for at least another 12-18 months unless it is very good price for the upgrade I can get (say 30k VS 50k from Speedline) I know I not make up my own mind
Old 12-22-2004, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Thanks Whitey, if I decide to upgrade, I will email you for more details. In fact, I am thinking to trade-in my C320 for CLS but while waiting, I may think of upgrade the C320.......Now I learnt that it may not be a good move, better trade the un-mod C320. If I upgrade, I may want to keep the C320 for at least another 12-18 months unless it is very good price for the upgrade I can get (say 30k VS 50k from Speedline) I know I not make up my own mind
I know, I was one of the ones who told you not to bother with the "upgrade". Nah, 30K is unlikely although you can probably come close if you can find used rims and tires (I have a source for those too but you'll have to be lucky to find some or if Mr cntlaw would like to give up his ). BTW, I am not in the business but have gone thru this all with my rides and therefore have picked up many leads around town (been thru 7 sets of rims in 2 years!). If it makes you feel better, I'm more than happy to give you a few names to enquire yourself - just give me your number or direfct email via email or PM when you're ready (but you may not get the deals I get from them).