Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Just cause for reporting of bad post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2005 | 01:20 AM

'04 Mars Red C230K Sport Coupe (not Coup-EH)
Just cause for reporting of bad post

I was enjoying my frequent browsing of this forum when I came across a charming, yet slightly disheartening post. It was full of insulting remarks, defensive behavior (I know X because I do Y, so don't think of questioning me), and a sarcastic attitude in general. Since this was bothering me, I decided to promptly ignore the user. However, I'd like to report this post to the moderators, but I'm not sure if it really warrants that. It bothers me that this person has little respect for others and abuses them and I'd like to see him warned in some way, at least.

What warrants a "bad post" report? I don't want to bother the mods with my innane prattle, but if it helps make these forums better, I wouldn't mind making one now and then. I couldn't find an answer in the FAQs section: perhaps something could be put up in that regard?
Old 08-23-2005 | 07:16 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Your opinion is all that matters. We look at all reported posts. HTH
Old 08-23-2005 | 07:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

There is no such thing as innane prattle, especially with the report posts button.

Use it often, and use it wisely. Don't create extra work for the mods, but let them know of anything that happens. I know I use it quite a lot.
Old 09-12-2005 | 12:25 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
We appreciate help in identifying (potential) TOU violations. With nearly 28,000 members, the mods don't have time to read every post. Of course, your idea of what constitutes a TOU violation may not be the same as the mod crew, but we would never know until you express your opinion by reporting a post.
Old 09-12-2005 | 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by jedcred
I was enjoying my frequent browsing of this forum when I came across a charming, yet slightly disheartening post. It was full of insulting remarks, defensive behavior (I know X because I do Y, so don't think of questioning me), and a sarcastic attitude in general. Since this was bothering me, I decided to promptly ignore the user. However, I'd like to report this post to the moderators, but I'm not sure if it really warrants that. It bothers me that this person has little respect for others and abuses them and I'd like to see him warned in some way, at least.

What warrants a "bad post" report? I don't want to bother the mods with my innane prattle, but if it helps make these forums better, I wouldn't mind making one now and then. I couldn't find an answer in the FAQs section: perhaps something could be put up in that regard?
I would appreciate someone explaining the white/red triangle with "!" in the center.Why does appear in some members areas and not in others? Does it signify that member has reported a bad post or does it mean that the member has had his hand slapped for posting a bad post?If you don't have the triangle how are you supposed to report a "bad post"?
Old 09-12-2005 | 03:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by C43AMG
I would appreciate someone explaining the white/red triangle with "!" in the center.Why does appear in some members areas and not in others? Does it signify that member has reported a bad post or does it mean that the member has had his hand slapped for posting a bad post?If you don't have the triangle how are you supposed to report a "bad post"?
Can you be more specific. Everyone should have that red triangle as that's the way to report that specific post.
Old 09-12-2005 | 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Can you be more specific. Everyone should have that red triangle as that's the way to report that specific post.
Please elaborate on this topic - what constitutes a "bad post". ?
Old 09-12-2005 | 04:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Please elaborate on this topic - what constitutes a "bad post". ?
Well, whatever you think. Err on the liberal side and report whatever you think is bad and shouldn't be on the forum. It'll go through our moderator staff and review it.

Better be safe than sorry
Old 09-12-2005 | 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Well, whatever you think. Err on the liberal side and report whatever you think is bad and shouldn't be on the forum. It'll go through our moderator staff and review it.

Better be safe than sorry
Any chance this topic can be reviewed and inserted in FAQ?
Old 09-12-2005 | 07:37 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I would appreciate someone explaining the white/red triangle with "!" in the center.Why does appear in some members areas and not in others?
Is there a chance that you could provide us with an example, a screen shot, of this. AFAIK Ricky is correct with his "ought to be there" statement. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2005 | 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Is there a chance that you could provide us with an example, a screen shot, of this. AFAIK Ricky is correct with his "ought to be there" statement. Thanks.
Here is the example: look at this post - bottom left of my block - no triangle - bottom left of yours - red & white triangle with "!" in the center of it - what gives ?
Old 09-12-2005 | 07:59 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Here is the example: look at this post - bottom left of my block - no triangle - bottom left of yours - red & white triangle with "!" in the center of it - what gives ?
Let me get this straight! You want to be able to report your own posts to the moderators? You know, an email or PM would do in this case.

(j/k)
Old 09-13-2005 | 01:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Any chance this topic can be reviewed and inserted in FAQ?
Good idea, I need to get working on some new things on the FAQ anyways. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-13-2005 | 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Let me get this straight! You want to be able to report your own posts to the moderators? You know, an email or PM would do in this case.

(j/k)
Did I say that , man you must have taken alot of trips on the small bus to the zoo.I asked , again , I will type s-l-o-w so as not to confuse you.Why , and I repeat why , does the triangle appear in some peoples boxes and not in others?You asked for and example and I provided one for you and you respond with an answer that has nothing to do with anything.
Old 09-13-2005 | 08:14 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Did I say that , man you must have taken alot of trips on the small bus to the zoo.
Why how did you know? I always was facinated, even at an early age, by Darwin's theory of evolution and therefore tried to gain a better undertsanding of humanities ancestors; some of which still seem to be alive and semi functioning today.

I asked , again , I will type s-l-o-w so as not to confuse you.Why , and I repeat why , does the triangle appear in some peoples boxes and not in others?
Since you profess by implication to be of above average intellect I invite to reread my humorous post once again.

You asked for and example and I provided one for you and you respond with an answer that has nothing to do with anything.
The example you have provided has nothing to do with your overall statement. O-n-c-e---a-g-a-i-n,---r-e-a-l---s-l-o-w-l-y---t-h-i-s---t-i-m-e---s-o---t-h-a-t---e-v-e-n---y-o-u---c-a-n---u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d. You will not see the triangle in your own post. Now if you have seen others please provide an example/screenshot.
Old 09-13-2005 | 01:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
also while logged in to mbworld and not just browsing the forum as a guest