Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Question for the mods..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Question for the mods..

Do we have a rule on signature size? It seems like a lot of folks have signatures that are so big they take up almost my entire screen. If we dont have a rule on size can we make a poll to vote for a reasonable limit?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
We did, few followed it and it was loosely enforced.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/180457-off-topic-posting-rules-repository.html
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
There are some members whom I won't name that have obnoxious sigs. They're probably the same people that have no sense of volume when using their cell phones
Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....90&postcount=7

When we see it, we try to remind the user or in some cases go in and edit their sig.

If you have a problem with someone's sig, feel free to pm me and I'll check it out; or, you can click on the "report" button and list your grievances and it'll be sent to a mod. In most cases, we haven't really noticed or seen the sig.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 PM

NSX
Just turn them off, makes the place a lot less cluttered.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by bodypainter
Just turn them off, makes the place a lot less cluttered.
+1 to that... Or at least program a limit on them.. You must have some control over the settings of what users can post.. I hate to be a tattle tale and believe that we should all be responsible enough to stay within the rules..

nlpamg arnt you on the M3 forum? They give the user 1 warning to fix it then they get either banned or the right to have a signature taken away.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
+1 to that... Or at least program a limit on them.. You must have some control over the settings of what users can post.. I hate to be a tattle tale and believe that we should all be responsible enough to stay within the rules..

nlpamg arnt you on the M3 forum? They give the user 1 warning to fix it then they get either banned or the right to have a signature taken away.
You CAN eliminate the signatures on your end of the site. I don't think we're going to globally delete the ability to display signatures anytime soon--that's a pretty drastic measure and honestly I don't think it's that bad at this point...

But if they're that bothersome, you can go to the user control panel and go to "edit options" and then scroll down until you get to "Thread Display Options" and then you can just uncheck the "Show Signatures" box.

I am on M3forum and actually they do the same thing. You know how I know? They pm'd me regarding my signature the first week I joined. I think banning is too extreme of a measure and unless there's something terribly offense in the sig, that's not going to happen. I know they also do this in quite a few other forums as well.

It's just what it is, there aren't enough of us mods to go around checking everyones' sig and editing them. We try our best, but there's just not enough of us, so we can't catch on to every offender.

Like I said, if it's really that troublesome or taxing you can just take it off of your view in the control panel and we'll try our best to spot the huge sigs.

And, another option is to increase your display resolution, that way everything will be small!