Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

how do I log on to all 3 MBWorld's at once ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007 | 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Exclamation how do I log on to all 3 MBWorld's at once ??

OK,
so now, I have to log on 3 different times to be able to see pics on MBWorld that are uploaded to the MBWorld server:

https://mbworld.org

https://mbworld.org/forums/

Depending on which of these a user is logged on to, affects which pictures can or can't be seen by those not logged on to the same one.

This only affects common users like me, NOT moderators, for some reason.
That's why they CAN'T fix the problem, because they CAN'T see the problem.

When you get an e-mail update for a subscribed thread from MBWorld, some people get: forums.mbworld.org, and so when they click on that link, they log on to: "forums.mbworld.org"
If someone had uploaded pics to MBWorld via "www.mbworld.org" then that person that logged on to "forums.mbworld.org" will only see RED X's for pics.
And it goes vice-versa.

I brought this up over a year now, and no one is listening ?

WHY ???
Old 10-24-2007 | 11:21 AM
MBWorld Founder

2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Carlos- what you're saying makes no sense. There aren't three different sites. All the links you refer to ALL go to the same site. So regardless of your entry point or what you type, the IP address of those three is the SAME. Just go to a Command prompt and ping each one...all the DNS records go to the same IP.

Give me a link as an example to pics that are broken.
Old 10-24-2007 | 05:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Carlos- what you're saying makes no sense. There aren't three different sites. All the links you refer to ALL go to the same site. So regardless of your entry point or what you type, the IP address of those three is the SAME. Just go to a Command prompt and ping each one...all the DNS records go to the same IP.

Give me a link as an example to pics that are broken.
Interesting, it's happened to me before. I couldn't see the pics, then I went to forums.mbworld.org in the address bar, logged in and it worked.
Old 10-25-2007 | 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Mr. V
I doubt that you will see the problem, because somehow moderators only see ONE site when they log in.

I've sent RICKY dozens of thread examples over the past year trying to show what is happening.

Here's another one:
https://mbworld.org/forums/classifieds/212596-fs-w203-17-stock-staggered-mb-2004-5-mb-wheels-winter.html

When I posted that thread, I logged on to MBWorld at:
www.mbworld.org

however, anyone who logs in through https://mbworld.org
or

will not see the pics in the first post. (post #1).

For example, right now, I'm logged in at www.mbworld.org,
and I cannot see the pictures in posting #13 I uploaded when I logged in through https://mbworld.org
All I see is RED X's.

This is recurrent throughout the website for the past year or so, and many people are experiencing it, but no one is complaining. They just assume they are dead or bad hyperlinks.

I can provide dozens more of examples, if you need. Please talk to Ricky and DREX. They have tried to help and are aware of the problem.
I'm not making this stuff up !!!

Carlos
Old 11-10-2007 | 11:01 AM

355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
I think it has to do with using www. in the url and the browser you are using. It's a pain but I think it can be fixed in the configuration files of vbulletin.
Old 11-10-2007 | 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
i second that, i have to log in again to see attached images

ALi
Old 11-10-2007 | 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by goliath27
i second that, i have to log in again to see attached images

ALi
try putting www. in the url when the new window with the pictures opens up.
Old 11-10-2007 | 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by LetsJet
try putting www. in the url when the new window with the pictures opens up.
not one of those errors, the page opens fine, but it does not recognize me, even thou i'm logged in, it wont recognize, just as he stated, as if being in a different sites

ALi
Old 11-11-2007 | 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by goliath27
not one of those errors, the page opens fine, but it does not recognize me, even thou i'm logged in, it wont recognize, just as he stated, as if being in a different sites

ALi
I think I understand...... When I click a link inside a thread and a new window opens with another thread it doesn't show me as logged in in the new window. I can either type in my SN and password or just go to the url and type www. in front of the domain and it shows the thread with pictures.
Old 09-18-2008 | 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

any fix to this problem?

when people get e-mails that a post has been added to a subscribed thread,
the link they get is usually: https://mbworld.org/......

now if I was the one who posted pictures in that thread when I initially logged on to "www.mbworld.org" the person who clicks on the link in the e-mail (forums.mbworld.org) is not going to see the pictures in the thread.

Same, vice versa.

and now as an added twist, I keep seeing pages on MBWorld without the "www." in front.

So for example, to see ALL the pictures (which I have uploaded personally to the MBWorld attachment server) on my C320 Coupe thread, I have to log in to:

I am not the only one to which this is happening to.
The moderators I have asked about this, have experienced it to.
And lots of members, just write it off as dead-link or server problems, and do not complain about. I think I've been the only one that's been vocal about it, and no it's not just my computer.

I tried it on about 15 different computers at work, my laptop and two desk-tops at home, wi-fi computers at hotels all around the world (Singapore, Hong Kong, Panama, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Spain, Mexico, and Canada).
Unless it is my MBWorld profile or username, I don't understand why this keeps happening.

Thanks for your time.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com

p.s. Can I be a moderator too, so I can merge duplicate threads, and move wrong-topic postings to their proper forum ???