Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

2004 C32 supercharger bearing noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32
2004 C32 supercharger bearing noise

Just found your site as I searched for a solution to my bearing noise. It's been there for at least a year plus, and doesn't seem to be getting worse. Most noticeable at idle and sometimes on deceleration, sems to go away on acceleration. Thought I had a source for a replacement bearing but they must have gone out of business. Can anyone give me some direction on this noise? Thanks! Randy
Old 03-18-2010, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by randyburg
Just found your site as I searched for a solution to my bearing noise. It's been there for at least a year plus, and doesn't seem to be getting worse. Most noticeable at idle and sometimes on deceleration, sems to go away on acceleration. Thought I had a source for a replacement bearing but they must have gone out of business. Can anyone give me some direction on this noise? Thanks! Randy
welcome. you should post your C32 questions here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/

regaring your bearing, are you sure its the supercharger bearing? not perhaps a bearing on the idler? are you stock? a video or sound clip of the noise would be helpful.

regarding the source, i am guessing yours was code3performance. the owner sold the rights to his products elsehwere, but you can still get the bearings. they can now be found at http://www.hpashop.com/category.sc?categoryId=58

....thats assuming that your supercharger bearing is bad.....and not something else. if you do some searching in that first link i posted, you should find several threads regarding the supercharger bearing, other bearings, and even some sound clips. and you should post in that area as well to introduce yourself!

welcome again!