Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

ML63 ESP and EML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63
ML63 ESP and EML

I have just purchased a ML63 brand new, it is back in with the MB DLR to look at, i just wondered if any one had seen this fault before.While driving the esp light come on and it looses all power, when you turn off/on again it drives fine but the eml comes on and stays on. The dealer have tried swapping a throttle pedal and rebooted the vehicle, but still it faults. Any ideas i could give them to help them would be good
Old 12-15-2010, 12:37 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fozzie2010
I have just purchased a ML63 brand new, it is back in with the MB DLR to look at, i just wondered if any one had seen this fault before.While driving the esp light come on and it looses all power, when you turn off/on again it drives fine but the eml comes on and stays on. The dealer have tried swapping a throttle pedal and rebooted the vehicle, but still it faults. Any ideas i could give them to help them would be good

First I think you posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for Questions & Support with regards to the forum itself. I'm sure one of the admins can move it to the right place.

With regards to your problem, it sounds like the car is going into limp mode (EML) if it's loosing power. Limp mode is a safety feature where the power of the vehicle is reduced to prevent any catastrophic damage to the engine. If there's a check engine light on, you can scan the car with a diagnostic tool to read the fault code. Not sure why they swapped the throttle pedal unless they think it's a throttle position problem- meaning the communication between the throttle position to control the valve opening to allow air into the system is faulting. So perhaps when the valve should be closing it's staying open and the car literally freaks out when you're not accelerating but air is flowing in. It's also likely you have a faulty air mass sensors (they do go bad on these cars) or a leak on the intake side that may be causing the car to run lean enough to trigger the limp mode. Could also be a bad O2 sensor although unlikely on a new car.

Last edited by Simon @ evosport; 12-15-2010 at 12:40 PM.